New tint has a scratch?

Noticed this line on day 1 and waited 3 days before trying to clean it. It doesn't come off. Before I go complain to the dealer (yes the car dealer...) I just want to make sure it's not something that would cure in a couple of days. I can't feel anything running my finger through it. Hoping the experts here can give some advice based on the pics below. First pic is from the outside, and second pic is from the inside. Thanks!

ppxq16v.jpg 

GHc6BqZ.jpg

Kinda random and very straight? Hard to scratch film or glass so perfectly as a tinter. Usually something in seal or someone at the dealer Detailing. Tint adds contrast and shows the flaws in glass. Hard to see a dent on a white car easy on black. Tint will make pre existing damage to glass more noticeable.

On 11/14/2020 at 12:27 AM, no ma'am said:

Kinda random and very straight? Hard to scratch film or glass so perfectly as a tinter. Usually something in seal or someone at the dealer Detailing. Tint adds contrast and shows the flaws in glass. Hard to see a dent on a white car easy on black. Tint will make pre existing damage to glass more noticeable.

So this was a repair of a previous bad tint job. Could they have scratched the glass while removing the old tint? I assume tint removal involves a razor blade right?

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.