Curved Back Glass

It's not to much film on the sides, but that you are shrinking to much film on the sides.  You can leave the sides, but you must push all the fingers to the top and work them out that way.  From one of those pics, it's obvious that you are trying to shrink the sides to much.  Film doesn't shrink that way and once you do, it's hard to come back from it, hence the reason you can't the top correct.

That makes sense and I heard that you can’t shrink it sideways.. I guess i struggle with the fact that the fingers are so huge and I haven’t learned to read film very well yet, so I try to direct them to go up and down towards the top edge, but then I get to something like this... which creases. I’m clearly missing something lol .. Today has been a better day, as I got all of the other corners down besides this one 👍🏼

512B1924-3A16-4256-8D6A-91F68E46BE09.png

From the looks of that picture and the other prep picture, you are using way too much dryer sheet or DSP residue.  It doesn't have to be a thick layer of residue to work, it only need to be a thin layer.  Too much residue can actually cause shrinking problems.  Unless you lifted that piece before that picture, It looks you are really over shrinking and not pressing or carding hard enough, in my opinion according to pic above.  Just my two cents from a computer screen :puter 

Edited by Bham

In the 2nd photo the far left top corner is down flat, but there are a few fingers on the side if it. Shrinking more evenly will make it easier, so you dont end up with a fingers like that. Also, If you smooth the film flat while shrinking, try not to smooth so far day to allow the film to float and shrink easier. 

Edit: Try a glove to smooth. The hard card makes the film stick to much. 

Edited by pbalentine

I use Llumar too.  I have gotten a bad roll before.  (to see if it is film issue pull another box and try it)  You should not that much trouble on that window.  As someone else has already said, move your anchor point higher.  Leave your bottom long so you can move the film up if you crease it.  From the pictures you seem to only need an inch or two to finish the top of the shrink so finish the hard part first then after you scoot the film up do the bottom.  I usually float the film as I shrink but if I have a hard car I will try to make my fingers as small as possible.  It is better to shrink 3 small fingers than 1 big one if you are having crease issues.  And like pbalentine said, don't go too far up at once, shrink evenly.