filmvinyldesigns.com

Tint Tek 2020
spacer
filmvinyldesigns.com

Tint Tek 2020
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
TintNTronics

Looking to purchase plotter, recommendations?

Hi, been tinting for about 10years now part time along side my normal full time job. Business has been picking up year after year and looking to get a plotter now. Looking to add PPF to services as well. In need of recommendations of purchasing a plotter. New? Used? Brands you like and have good luck with? Anything to help. Thanks in advance.

I would spend the extra on a graphtec.  They just seem to be more accurate with feeding and the pinch rollers.  GCC is a great starter.  I would try to get a 60" but 40" will do also

I purchased the vinyl express q42 which is a copy of the graphtec. Definitely a learning curve.  I later purchased a gcc Jaguar and I love this plotter compared to the q42/graphtec.

the Jaguar was way easier to use and way easier to fine tune in my opinion. 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:50 PM, TintNTronics said:

Hi, been tinting for about 10years now part time along side my normal full time job. Business has been picking up year after year and looking to get a plotter now. Looking to add PPF to services as well. In need of recommendations of purchasing a plotter. New? Used? Brands you like and have good luck with? Anything to help. Thanks in advance.

I have a us cutter one and it's not bad as a starter cutter, although it's really reliable, I also use vinyl cutter software for mac it's a nice hobby cutter, you can do fine detail with it, but if I had a design shop, I would only do it once and get a Graphtec. I've got one of those, too, and how reliable and consistent it is is nuts. You're going to be at around $1800 for the 24" I have, but you can do almost any job. They also make a 15" for 1100-1200ish, I went with the 24" because if necessary I would have the ability to do bigger jobs and wouldn't have to get another one later."

Edited by Areba21