Spoiler lip on PPF

Hi, I have a quick question for all which I cannot seem to find an answer for.

I have my car wrapped with PPF and I want to install a very light spoiler lip on the trunk.

Is there any issues with attaching the spoiler lip with 3M tape on top of PPF?  I suppose it will only be as strong as PPF, and that if one day I want it off there is a good possibility the PPF will be damaged.

Just the 3m tape.  From the forums I read almost of them don't want holes being drilled in the truck and the 3m tape held just fine.  I want to go with the same route but am concerned if it will be a bad idea to have it attached to the PPF instead of the paint.  I checked online in the bimmer forums and the opinions seem half and half.

I wouldn't trust the tape on paint, much less on ppf. :dunno I could see it on something small like an antenna, but a spoiler, by design, is under a lot of forces. I think with age something is bound to fail, either the tape or the ppf. :twocents 

I think a small spoiler like a "Lip" if you are referring to, would be ok attaching with double sided tape.  Tesla OEM spoilers are all held on with it, and none fall off.  I would say every "lip" style spoiler is held on by tape.  If you are worried, just put some adhesive promotor on the film before you attach it.  No way it will come off the film after that.  

I guess a picture of said spoiler would solve this question more accurately. 

On the other hand, just a week or so ago I pointed out to a Tesla Y owner that brought me his car for PPF that one half of his carbon fiber trunk 'lip' was lifted about 1/3 of the way on one side.  He was planning on visiting the dealership about it, but it does show that double sided tape has limits or if improperly installed....

IMG_2675_1000x.jpg

Correct Norm. You may see every Model 3 or Y with the ends lifting because the mold of the spoiler is not accurate. I honestly havent seen one Model Y with a factory spoiler that hasnt had the ends lifting. The only solution is to add an extra layer of tape on the last 8" or so. 

Also might show the spoiler wont fall off even if its not completely held on.