scratches after window tinting?

9 minutes ago, TintDude said:

If that was the case I think all the scratches would be going the exact same direction, straight up and down, but they are at different angles.

:dunno   I still thinks it's from debris, but either way, I don't think a tinter did that with any hard card; even if he did shrink on the car.  

It's hard to scratch glass that bad. :? 

18 hours ago, aquarian said:

scratches along the bottom edges of all 4 side windows.

Since it's on all 4 windows, I'm inclined to think it was the tinter.

I'm the first guy to defend a tinter, but in this case I think they may be at fault.

Just went to the shop, ****, to show them the scratches.  The owner brought out the tinter who completely denied everything.  He said he's been tinting for 15 years and has never seen anything like this.  I asked if he heat shrunk the films he said yes, but he would be laying the film 2 inches above the seal, not 1 inch from what we see the length of the scratches, etc. I asked to see his hard cards/squeegees/whatever and they are completely beat up, while still denying the scratches were from tinting.  

1 hour ago, Bham said:

:dunno   I still thinks it's from debris, but either way, I don't think a tinter did that with any hard card; even if he did shrink on the car.  

It's hard to scratch glass that bad. :? 

The photos only show the deeper ones.  There are numerous, multiple fine hair scratches across the complete bottom of the 4 windows which clearly indicates that it was man made.

From all of the pics shown, It looks like the scratches are above the door handles and given the fact that the vehicle has not been washed in a few weeks, My conclusion is that someone attempted to break into your vehicle, the scratches are from a metal jimmy bar being used and pulling dirt up from the trim.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:51 AM, aquarian said:

Just went to the shop, ****, to show them the scratches.  The owner brought out the tinter who completely denied everything.  He said he's been tinting for 15 years and has never seen anything like this.  I asked if he heat shrunk the films he said yes, but he would be laying the film 2 inches above the seal, not 1 inch from what we see the length of the scratches, etc. I asked to see his hard cards/squeegees/whatever and they are completely beat up, while still denying the scratches were from tinting.  

Yeah, if he shrunk those windows on the car, above the seals... then I was wrong and it was from the debris and the hard card. Sorry.