Unusual problem— I’m stumped.

I’ve been tinting for quite some time now. And I’ve gotten very good at shrinking the film to the back glass.  However, I keep running into the problem of having fingers in my tint once I install the film.  Most the time I hit them down with the heat gun, which takes forever. Yesterday I tinted The back window of a civic. It shrunk perfectly to the glass.  To my dismay, there was a giant finger in the lower left corner with a few others here and there.  Even the heat gun could not take care of the problem. I haven’t seen anybody else with this problem. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Perhaps not enough soap? Maybe not enough water? Perhaps my squeegee pattern is flawed?? I’m doing the  [+] pattern. Im at a loss. Has anyone experienced this?

:yeah   You could possibly be not shrinking enough but I'm gonna go with the second half of Smookee's comment, and say it's the way you are installing the piece. 

It sound like you are squeegeeing it down wrong and creating the fingers.  

As stated above, fingers are caused by under shrinking or improper squeegee technique. All a finger is, is excess film OR tension where it shouldn't be...or a combination of both.

Next time your doing a back window, pay attention to what you are doing when the finger appears.

And stop doing the "+" pattern on your squeegee technique. You are causing yourself problems with that.

Question...for finishing the bottom of the film, how do you squeegee? Be specific.

You're welcome.  :)