Non-Stick Beemers

I'm at the point where I'm completely unnerved by this problem and I'm not sure what to do! I prep every vehicle that I work on with 3 different solutions that strip the wax off of the edges. It's not my first rodeo. I thought I'd developed a fool proof system, and to be fair, it works on every other brand.

And then I'll get these BMWs back, usually within a week to a couple months, and they've blown a whole piece of film off. Or a lot of pieces of film off. And when I go to remove it, it peels off like there wasn't even glue there.

I've had an issue on certain BMW headlights for a long time where they release static and it messes with the glue, creates a crazy stretch mark, and peels like butter, but it seems like this is all encompassing now. 

It's not ceramic coating - the paint is so soft it scratches when you breathe on it, and most of them are fresh off the truck. The rockers are the absolute worst. I'm at the point where I wrap every edge, and I still get them back. The majority of warranty issues I have are with this problem. 

I've spoken to a few reps about it from multiple companies and all I get is a blank stare. 

Anyone else have this issue? All tips are appreciated. 

Finish your edges with a hot-mix of alcohol? (14oz of 70% in a 32oz squirt bottle, the rest distilled water)  I have not had any headlights, etc peel, so maybe that is the issue?  I suggest and do as many headlights as possible. NO soap at all, just that mix of alcohol for the installation, no problems sticking. (Other than Porsche headlight which I never do because of the stupid hard coat that peels off the headlights)

I often spray the last 2 or 3 inches of whatever with that alcohol.  Who's film are you using?  All the top brands should be fine, Suntek, Xpel, 3m, etc...

Edited by Capital PPF_Norm