Autobahn i3 vs Xpel XR

I'm looking to tint my newly acquired C-Max, and have narrowed my choices to two different shops. One carries Autobahn, and the other Xpel. I can't find a direct comparison between the i3 and XR anywhere. I'm mainly looking for heat reduction, but I'm also concerned about possible reduction in clarity and optical illusions while wearing my polarized sunglasses. I haven't decided if I will actually tint it darker or stay clear, and am assuming both brands offer a clear version. (If someone could confirm or deny, that would be helpful as well.) Thanks in advance. 

7 hours ago, TintMeLongTime said:

There is no comparison i3 is a way better and clearer film. XR has high ratings but has a bad haze and you never get that with any huper products.

I've been installing XR for well over a year now and there is absolutely no perceptible haze in any of the shades I carry, which is most of them. The excellent clarity was one of the main driving factors for switching over to it and I sampled many other films before landing on Xpel.

On 4/13/2021 at 7:02 PM, LadyGrace said:

I'm looking to tint my newly acquired C-Max, and have narrowed my choices to two different shops. One carries Autobahn, and the other Xpel. I can't find a direct comparison between the i3 and XR anywhere. I'm mainly looking for heat reduction, but I'm also concerned about possible reduction in clarity and optical illusions while wearing my polarized sunglasses. I haven't decided if I will actually tint it darker or stay clear, and am assuming both brands offer a clear version. (If someone could confirm or deny, that would be helpful as well.) Thanks in advance. 

Both are known quality films, I have no experience with i3 so I can't speak to it directly. I'm an Xpel dealer so I do have a bias towards the XR. The XR film is going to offer excellent heat rejection and clarity both, the clarity was a major selling point when I switched over from 3M. There are several lighter shades available including a 70% which is essentially clear if that's the route you decide you want to go. As far as the polarized sunglasses go that can be an issue with any film but is dependent on a number of different beyond just the film itself, such as the angle of the sun, the angle of the glass of your vehicle, your seating position, and more. That said I also wear polarized sunglasses pretty much all the time and I've never had it be an issue for me personally. Sometimes it's noticeable, and when it is it hasn't been detrimental, but most of the time it isn't noticeable.