TintDude Window Tinting Forum

Bad Tint Job On My 2021 Clarity?

Hi all,

I recently got my Clarity tinted, limo on the rear windows. I'm noticing this effect on the glass:
e5EppEM.jpg

The shop claims that it's a strain pattern on the glass, from the manufacturer. Another car-specific forum claims it's a bad tint job, having to do with the application.

Hoping to get some educated opinions from the pros. Hope I'm not posting in the wrong place.

Thanks!

On 4/27/2021 at 1:20 PM, davidxc said:

Hi all,

I recently got my Clarity tinted, limo on the rear windows. I'm noticing this effect on the glass:
e5EppEM.jpg

The shop claims that it's a strain pattern on the glass, from the manufacturer. Another car-specific forum claims it's a bad tint job, having to do with the application.

Hoping to get some educated opinions from the pros. Hope I'm not posting in the wrong place.

Thanks!

That's definitely some type of chemical stain on the glass.  Probably from dealer lot washes or car wash.  A detailer can probably resolve it.

000 grade fine steel wool will remove those external spots along with a bit of elbow grease. Quite common and always more visible once the tint is on. I've even come across those spots on new cars in dealerships.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.