Another top cut post

On 5/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, The ///Man said:

Your tint gets pushed both down and away from the short side with a gap along the edge.  I mean technically if both front and back have plenty of extra, it won't matter if you do what you are doing, but if you are having to make sure it's far enough forward to not have a gap on the front side, chances are the curve won't line up.

I do have a question. On windows where the back is straight back into the seals I wont center the film. But on windows with a radius at the back top like Toyota Tundra or older GM trucks. If you dont shift back to center I find it overhands that back radius. 

This self tought tinting thing is frustrating lol. 

On 5/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, The ///Man said:

Your tint gets pushed both down and away from the short side with a gap along the edge.  I mean technically if both front and back have plenty of extra, it won't matter if you do what you are doing, but if you are having to make sure it's far enough forward to not have a gap on the front side, chances are the curve won't line up.

What you say def makes sense. I just did a full Acura TX tint job. Didnt center film and my top edge lined up much better. 

Now. Im seeing when I enter with my knife. That itial spot is jagged. I can fix it when I trim. But is there a way to avoid that jagged half inch section where my knife enters? 

Thank you everone for your input. Qll your suggestions have helped me get better. Self taught makes the learning curve massive