New Summa S One

@Diamondtints215  What features do you get with a Summa that are missing from a Graphtec or Rolland?

I've been on Graphtecs for years because I can cut directly from an art program for graphics and templating my own window patterns without needing a bridge program. Language auto changes from hppl to hpgl for tint programs. Am I missing out on something summa specific?

Edited by Dano
Need more coffee

On 10/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, Diamondtints215 said:

Holding up well, a little noisy compared to graphtec but I've cut out a few thousand cars worth of tint so far and it hasn't missed a beat! Wireless connect is awesome. Super easy to connect to basically any software via wireless ip. 

The only real trouble is getting the blade dialed in for tint. 5g pressure increments make that task a bit more challenging adjusting blade depth and pressure just right. 

I have this plotter, the values can be entered in increments of 1g, but it is necessary to enter the value manually, not using the arrows

On 5/3/2021 at 2:13 AM, Diamondtints215 said:

Its been a while since posting but i felt inclined to share my excitement about my new setup.

I have a q64 and fc9000 in the shop and wanted to try something a bit different for a change as i needed a new shop station.

Ive always heard great things about Summa products and i heard about a new series they just released so i grabbed it and wow im blown away.

The new Summa S one is an absolute beast for window film. Im currently cutting Xpel products and this plotter absolutely crushes the viny express and graphtec in performance. Much smoother machine and incredibly fast. If i were to run the graphtec at these speeds it would destroy the film but this machine cuts with ease. I dont see a lot of guys running these plotters with window film but i highly recommend checking them out asap. 

Ill throw some pics up of the setup tomorrow. 

20210503_153522.jpg

20210503_153514.jpg

20210503_153503.jpg

Hi D, I'm also running Summa S one with Xpel dap tint on PC,

Before that I was running PPF through the plotter but plotter don't recognise the tint film any suggestions?

Thanks