xpel
spacer
3M Training
Llumar
xpel
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Keeks

Input on tint to reduce my risk (melanoma).

I'm moving to a sunny state soon and know my sun exposure will be a lot higher there than where I currently am. I also recently had moles removed and some were bad, which Doc stated that it ups my risk factor significantly for Melanoma. She pretty much told me "no sun".  I drive a lot. I ride a lot. Driving/riding around is one of my favorite things to do. What tint would you recommend for someone like me? The window tint rules are a lot more lax in the state I'm moving to as well, but I don't want completely blacked out windows or anything. What level of tint could I get away with for decent protection?

Thank you!

-Cat

Most quality films will block 98-99% of UV regardless of the VLT (darkness) level.  

Just choose a shade you're comfortable with, installed by an reputable shop, and you'll be fine.

Reputable Tint manufacturers block UV in the ranges noted above. Some places allow full windshield tint in a high VLT film.This allows you to have full coverage for all glass in your vehicle .

Some places will require a dr note for low VLT aka darker film.

In an added measure, maybe think about a full coverage very thin hoodie similar to the one at the link below.

https://stanfields.com/products/strong-free-hoody

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

3M Training

Contact TintDude tintdude@gmail.com