Hello all,

So I bought a camper a few months back and wanted to get the windows tinted to help with the heat. I contacted multiple places to get it done “professionally”. I was either told they are just to busy or the prices were extremely ridiculous. So I began researching for days to try and do this project on my own. After many hours/days searching the internet and watching YT videos I finally found a tint company to buy from (film and tools). I purchased enough to tint my camper along with 3 vehicles. I figured what the heck this looks like something I would enjoy doing on my off time and what better way to learn this craft is to practice on vehicles I own. Who knows if I get pretty decent at it and I enjoy doing it I may take up a side business. Good thing about this is that the only tint shops are about 45 minutes away so the opportunity could be worthwhile. My film/tools should be here tomorrow and I cannot wait. Any tips/tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated. Wish me luck!  Thanks 😊

24 minutes ago, Roach said:

Yep, trial and error. 

While it's not rocket science, there is a skill to installing it. Hence the high prices. :thumb

Thanks, if I saved a few hundred in the long run and learned something doing it. It’s a good day. 👍🏼

Update: Got my film and tools in today. I played around with one window on my camper. I will just say this. I probably should have paid the $1,000 to get it done 🤣😂. I guess since my wife is so mad I spent a decent amount of $$ for materials I have to make it work. 

I’ve been doing this since 04 and probably would’ve given you the go away price cuz  I wouldn’t do as good of a job as I guy that does flat glass and auto. Share your newfound respect for my industry that can be made to look easy, but in fact is one of the hardest to be great at. 

I will tell you right now. Watching YouTube videos looked so easy. Got out to actually start and it was harder than I thought. I told my wife like 3 hours in “I wish we would have paid the $1,000 to get this done”. This craft definitely takes a special breed. I have ZERO patience and my hand isn’t that steady. Much  respect !!!