Security Film Bubbles

Hello All, I had recently did a project using 14 mil security film. It was a last minute “emergency” from one of our top contractors. These were all oversized windows, with an exterior install in the rain. It is obvious to me that we did not get out anywhere near enough water. I have done many installs but never had this result. My fault for rushing to get it done but my question is do you think this film will eventually lay. Picture is from a day after (looked clear the first day) I checked two days ago and about 70% cleared up. The manufacturer seems pretty confident in it clearing out with some time but I really don’t want to put off the inevitable.

D5E447F2-54C7-4819-9D09-BCA55B3B963E.jpeg

Th photo appears that it is gradually curing after a day. It is helpful that it's summer. If your customer needs some explanation, you can refer to the 10th point in this article which mentioned that 16mil takes about 140 days to cure. 

https://iwfa.com/professionals/Resources/ArtMID/1527/ArticleID/559/Architectural-Visual-Inspection-Standard-Window-Film

You sound experienced too, so I don't think anything went wrong. Did you use a stronger squeegee such as "Thor's Hammer"?

Edited by FilmTack

19 hours ago, BigTuna said:

Hello All, I had recently did a project using 14 mil security film. It was a last minute “emergency” from one of our top contractors. These were all oversized windows, with an exterior install in the rain. It is obvious to me that we did not get out anywhere near enough water. I have done many installs but never had this result. My fault for rushing to get it done but my question is do you think this film will eventually lay. Picture is from a day after (looked clear the first day) I checked two days ago and about 70% cleared up. The manufacturer seems pretty confident in it clearing out with some time but I really don’t want to put off the inevitable.

D5E447F2-54C7-4819-9D09-BCA55B3B963E.jpeg

From what I can see in the pic, looks like not enough slip was used during the initial install. should dry out in time 

3 minutes ago, MikeMN said:

From what I can see in the pic, looks like not enough slip was used during the initial install. should dry out in time 

We used 30-1-1 with 4oz per gallon, but with it pouring out it probably diluted it too

28 minutes ago, BigTuna said:

We used 30-1-1 with 4oz per gallon, but with it pouring out it probably diluted it too

I will explain why i think not enough slip was used, years ago I was installing security film that was rolled on the core backwards with the liner side out from the factory and it was an in-shop job with beveled edge glass. the film was lifting off the glass so I had thought lets see if just strait water would do the trick. It helped lay down a little more but not much, however when I came in the next morning the film had consistent water bubbles in the film. your pic reminded me of my situation. question for you . did you just do a vertical pass while squeegeeing the film. if not was a vertical pass done first or last.........?