Llumar vs Pinnacle vs 3M vs Huber

Guest UnsureMan

Guest UnsureMan

Hi there,

I'm looking to get my car tinted, sedan and everything except the front windshield with ceramic tint.  The cheapest quote was from the Huber shop, most expensive being the FormulaOne Pinnacle. 3M Ceramic ir being one notch more expensive than Huber. Which would you choose?

I would go with the shop that seems the most professional, with a good reputation.

Try to get a referral from someone you know and take a look at the installs on their lot. Price alone won't paint the whole picture.

3 hours ago, Dano said:

I would go with the shop that seems the most professional, with a good reputation.

Try to get a referral from someone you know and take a look at the installs on their lot. Price alone won't paint the whole picture.

I'd probably cross off the Huber Optik dealer.  Their shop had good reviews, but the negative reviews where people had issues with bubbling tint, and windows where the tint had gaps.  The shop was attempting to justify the poor installation and were blaming their cnc cutter/software on gaps in tint for a particular make.  I'm quite sad as i've heard good things about their ceramic tint.

The Formulaone Pinnacle shop is next on the chopping block as their reviews 1 star and some 4 stars had issues with bubbling in tint.  The worst case being a man had his car redone and they applied the wrong tint.  Not sure if I could trust a place to sell me Pinnacle or   Stratos and for them to actually give me those lines instead of Llumars CTX.

Now I'm left with the two 3M dealers and will probably do more searching.