Mazda cx9 front doors.

13 hours ago, MaxxedOutTint said:

Sorry I’m old school but what’s a 2 step? I’ve never removed any panels on anything I’ve done. I’ve done a few cx9’s an I haven’t removed anything at all? 

The two-stage install = roll the window down a couple of inches, install half the piece of film, roll up window, tuck the bottom and finish the rest of the install.  Standard old school install.  

The OP is having issues with the amount of space at the mirror part of the front doors.  Door panel is pretty high and that upright side of the window is very short, making it difficult to install in two steps.  Pulling the panel and doing like an unframed glass is easiest but those panels are pita to deal with.  

18 hours ago, Cooltimes said:

Is there a secret to these front doors or can you 2 step this one with out pulling door panels.

I just did one the other day.  You have to slightly roll down the window just enough to work with it and not worry much about the short side until after you get it rolled up.  Once you have it tucked and stuck well enough at the bottom, you can bump it back down and finish pushing out water and making sure it's stuck properly.  The bottom sweeps are not so tough that it will mess it up if you have it cut properly and do a decent push out when you tuck it.  It is tricky but it can be done.  It's not as hard as Lexus IS front doors.   

Good luck :beer 

Edited by Bham

The CX9 is a 100% bottom load for me along with anything where the small mirror side is real short, like the Lexus IS250. The CX9 seal comes out with one screw (behind handle) with out removing the panel.  I started out tucking everything and now only tuck maybe 10% of the time, which is 99% F150s.