Creases in corners

Guest 205tinter

Guest 205tinter

I have been tinting for a little over a year and 6 months. Ive gotten rear and front windshields down pack but im not happy with the way i was taught to do side windows. We don’t generally remove door panels and I was taught to create a wedge in the corners but i consistently crease the corners where the wedge is formed, I would like to take my quality to the next level by avoiding said creases. How do i tuck into corners without creasing the film? Please link any videos showing methods of avoiding these creases. Thank a lot.

Guest 205tinter
11 hours ago, MaxxedOutTint said:

A heat gun an a lil chizzler should take the little crease out, sometimes I get the crease to an that’s always worked for me

I was taught to do this as well but i am curious of any alternative methods that can avoid the creases. It doesn’t always happen but when it does its annoying because i know that its there although a custy wouldn't see it when the crease is laid down. Additionally i have seen other tint jobs where over time the crease becomes shiny in and you can tell it was heated out. 

Try putting a drop of soap on the rubber after cleaning the gaskets with the window down. Push out on glass and the film should slide on in.

Agree with Maxx on rolling as another technique. I do it all the time and people freak out when they see it as if I'm bending some law of physics or just clubbing it in like a caveman. 

Guest Impact signs & tint

The best way I have found to avoid the little creases/pinch marks when 2 stepping a window is when you get the film on glass and top edge somewhat lined up b4 you squeeze or tack take one hand and hold it flat against the film where you are about to squeeze and take your other hand and with your other hand use your thumb and pointer finger to pinch the very bottom middle where liner is still attached and pull slightly down and towards you to relieve pressure the bottom corners should then fall/roll inwards towards where you are pinching/pulling then tack the film where your other hand was holding make sure your top edge is lined up & your covering seals on both sides (no light gaps) squeeze top portion of pattern obviously lol as your rolling the window up you can pinch/pull bottom one more time to make sure the film isn’t folded over on itself in the seals and with some practice you will get the right light touch to not pull to hard and pull up what’s squeeze/tacked.    Carefully squeeze, flush your seals, pull your liner, wet pattern, then if you’ll take each corner of film and flat against the glass slide them inward towards where u pinched to make a gentle roll in the film like a triangle from where it’s stuck in the seal already to where you pinch/pulled to the corner- as your sliding the film to bottom corner make sure the side of film is sliding/laying in the seals easy/smooth I’m 6 years into my professional tinting career and once I got this method smooth and mastered pinch marks/creases; using a heat gun after shrinking, Are no more…

SORRY FOR THE LONG READ TRIED TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING WELL SINCE I DONT HAVE A VIDEO! Good luck and cheers to no more creases!