$1300 tint job - windshield looks like this..,

Guest Bob

Had a Lamborghini Aventador tinted this week at Modern Image in San Diego. Two side windows and the front windshield. They charged me over $1300 for the job. On each side of the windshield I’m seeing these things. I assume this is not done properly?   It’s been 3-4 days and they haven’t changed at all. 

https://imgur.com/a/aOrIpFR

Had a shop in Naples back in the 90's, guy drives up in a RR Silver Shadow asking to have his windows tinted. I quoted him a price related to any four door vehicle. He was stunned and said the other shops want 2-3 times what you're asking; what gives? I said,. 'They priced it by the badge as opposed to the glass area involved.

$1300 is a bit pricey for the amount of glass area in your vehicle IMO and the film appears to be some cheap azz film that has poor adhesion and is blurry, to boot. They do ask that you give it 30 days however, dry time for the vast majority of films out there today is a week of steady sun exposure.

Not sure if your meaning the little water that’s let behind or that it looks like it’s doing a weird peeling look around the edge? 
The little bit of water should be dried out sometimes it takes a little bit of a lot was left in,

but I 110% agree with that price, they gave you a price based on that badge on the front, my advice would be next time you need a couple windows done call the shop an ask about a cheaper car, way cheaper like a Ford Explorer or something, then call in with the lambo an ask why there’s a difference, cause that’s an insane price

I was a tinter at that shop a couple years ago.

The big money tint was 3m crystalline, Is that what you paid for?

There was a steady stream of high end cars coming through all day and well into the night. He can charge 1300 because his clientele has big bucks and he has a good reputation......Well he did anyway. Not sure if its the same owner now.

Keep in mind different cars have different levels of difficulty. I'm not saying the $1300 is justified for that car, but there is a huge difference between tinting some cars then others. 

So to just have a flat rate of $250 for a 4 door sedan isn't exactly fair on the installation side of things either. 

:twocents

Have you asked them to look at it?

Pricing might be above average, but it may be be the cost of doing buisness in California and being propperly insured.

If he stands behind his work at all cost it may be justified. Lord knows you can't run down to the autozone if something goes sideways.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:37 PM, MaxxedOutTint said:

Not sure if your meaning the little water that’s let behind or that it looks like it’s doing a weird peeling look around the edge? 
The little bit of water should be dried out sometimes it takes a little bit of a lot was left in,

but I 110% agree with that price, they gave you a price based on that badge on the front, my advice would be next time you need a couple windows done call the shop an ask about a cheaper car, way cheaper like a Ford Explorer or something, then call in with the lambo an ask why there’s a difference, cause that’s an insane price

hmmm, is the risk the same tinting a lambo (which the pictures didn't look like) vs a kia soul? It's not a high price. We don't know the whole story.  A fair price is what someone is willing to pay. I mean you could say the same thing about the lambo itself lol, A lambo is over priced.  You need an oil change? call and get a quote for a civic oil change and thats what you should pay lol. How about the car insurance? will it be comparable to the kia soul? We need to look at all those same considerations. I feel bad for people who feel negatively about earning money, or guilty if they make over $50k a year, you have the wrong mindset, you're not ripping off the customer charging a price they are willing to pay, you're ripping off your family by not charging that price. 

Edited by Diablo's Tint

Completely agree @Diablo's Tint :clap   I quoted $800 for a basic 12 passenger Econoline simply because they wanted a last minute appointment.  Is that too much for regular film on that vehicle, well yeah, but, If they choose to pay that, so be it.  Am I wrong for doing that, hell no.