FormulaOne Stratos for discount but no warranty. Should I pass?

Guest Farmerpabs

Guest Farmerpabs

Hi All, 

I've been lurking around here for a while and learning a lot so I appreciate this forum and all its members. 

I'm currently looking to get some feedback from those who have FormulaOne tints. Will there ever be a need to claim warranty? How risky is it to get a discount but not have warranty?

I found a reputable shop that works with LLumar CTX. Shop owner was able to get enough sample of FormulaOne Stratos for my hatchback. He's willing to put Stratos on my car for the price of CTX which is $290. The catch is that it's not covered by any warranty.

Should I go with Stratos without warranty or pass?

Thanks in advance!

It's been my experience that most folks never keep a car long enough to require a warranty claim if they are purchasing a top tier film.

Usually they sell it, wreck it, or damage it themselves with the seatbelt long before the film fails.

With that said I personally would still warranty the job in house if it was a product that I may not be able to aquire in the future, which they might do if you ask nicely and offer to pay a premium for.

Guest Farmerpabs
19 hours ago, Dano said:

It's been my experience that most folks never keep a car long enough to require a warranty claim if they are purchasing a top tier film.

Usually they sell it, wreck it, or damage it themselves with the seatbelt long before the film fails.

With that said I personally would still warranty the job in house if it was a product that I may not be able to aquire in the future, which they might do if you ask nicely and offer to pay a premium for.

Thanks for your response. Of course, nobody know what's going to happen but I'd like to keep this car for many many years.