Clear spots missing dye?

Hey guy sorry if this is in the wrong area. Looking for help and not sure where else to ask. 

I Got my brand new 2022 car tinted Wednesday around noon. It’s now Saturday. I have noticed several spots on multiple doors where It looks like the dye is completely missing. These are not bubbles and not trash under the tint. I can see through these dots clear as day. Is it possible the tint was defective and it was not dyed properly? I already feel like the job was poor as I have more bubbles and fingers Now than when I left 

The guy claimed this was the best top of the line nano ceramic out and performs the best. When we were done he hands me a paper that says panaflex was the tint and when I look at their site they have a specific tint that says nano.  So not sure if I even got nano? It’s 5% and I paid 500 bucks for a 2022 Tuscan as most of the quotes I got around here were 4-700 bucks for the good ceramics.  I am going to try to attach some pics here. 

what should I do make him re do the entire car or demand a refund and go Somewhere else. Seemed like a cool guy but the work looks subpar.  

it’s not letting me attach pics I’ll have to figure out how to link them it says even one pic is too big. Was taken on an iPhone 

Edited by 9tr3g
Pics not working

Hopefully pics show now. Don’t want to go on raising hell If this is normal also don’t want to be accused of being ripped off if this is actually considered a nano tint. Since they advertise one as nano I suspect other than the nano particles in the adhesive that’s all the nano he needed to sell it as an elite product. 

1311AF64-AFEA-4C6B-9317-CB5D85409CCF.jpeg

F76897B3-252F-4120-854B-526DC7CD7423.jpeg

322C303F-159C-40E1-907D-5DA72EC9B5FB.jpeg

B5DE2E81-E59E-4197-AFE5-1EE2294A1813.png

The side window looks like a nick from a seatbelt, watch or ring. The rear looks like a handling crease that was overheated while laying it down. 

Run it back over to them and kindly ask them to check it out. If they are reputable they will stand behind their work. Most shop owners want to send out top quality if at all possible. 

He did say he would replace the back if it wouldn’t lay down with a pink card. My concern now is the quality and the clear spots. Can’t be a nick from anything because no one has sat in the passenger seat or in the back. Seems like every time  I get in the car and start looking around I another one. They feel perfectly smooth so it’s shouldn’t be like a ring cut a tiny piece plus I don’t wear any. Kinda confused as I’ve never seen that. I can’t even find any google post similar so I could say hey this is defective can you replace it please 

2 hours ago, 9tr3g said:

. I can’t even find any google post similar so I could say hey this is defective can you replace it please 

Well, I'll say it; the possibility of clear spots in film, straight out of the box, is real.

I've seen it and I've missed it when installing. Have the installation guy look it over and confirm (since you have indicated it is smooth to the touch).

Guest Hmm ...
29 minutes ago, Ryker said:

The 3 specs in the sides look like a simple dust nib to me.  If it is truly clear then it could be a flaw. Just the pictures we have look like a small contamination.

Possibly, however, the pics are taken from the inside looking out ... which is why I believe they are clear (mfg'ing flaw) spots.

These are extremely rare (if that is what these are). Film inspection during mfg'ing can miss something of this nature and even sensors or camera inspection equipment might not catch them (depending on size).

5 hours ago, Tintguy1980 said:

Well, I'll say it; the possibility of clear spots in film, straight out of the box, is real.

With regards to flat glass film, I've seen it from time to time. Not often... but it happens.

Can't say that's what this is - but the possibility is there.

Thanks for the replies guys today makes 4 or 5 days since they were tinted so I was able to roll them down today and took a close look.  I only have the front two windows with the clear spots thankfully but still have a few areas where it didn’t lay flat and has the wrinkles in the edges. Guy talked a big game about how good he was and it should be a $700 tint job but he has to stay competitive smh.  I would be beyond pissed to see the edges I have at 700 bucks lol. I have to take it back to him to redo the back window he said he believes the heat put those little fingers in it but I have a spot on a side door the same way.  Starting to wonder if I got ripped off, other than the guys skill level coming into play is this film actually worth this kind of money? I remember not too long ago decent tint was like 250-300 bucks but it’s been a long time since I had a car tinted. 500 bucks for tint seems like top of the line for me 

Price will be relative to your area. My rule of guesstimation to add 60% to the cost of a good HP (high performance) film to find the cost of a good ceramic, +/- a few dollars for difficulty or lack thereof. 

I would shame him into making it right with "I know you can do better, please make this right so that I can go away.". And if he can't, then reach out to the shop owner for resolution.

Those cars are not that difficult, so my guess is that he might be a rookie or was rushing to punch out a schedule. Doesn't make him a bad guy, but it will give him plenty of practice in removal and customer relations.