Headlight PPF

Hello, I've installed PPF on my headlights but since it was my first time doing PPF there are some issues. There were few bubbles left which evaporated in like 3 days but there are these areas that look like air bubbles? PPF is Oraguard 270, I must say that the installation was very hard since this film has virtually no stretch unless heated and my headlights are very curved which just makes it even harder. The squeegee which I got with the film sucks because it's the plastic one that is fairly rigid, I have a feeling that this issue was caused by bad squeegee.

20211023-123829.jpg

If that's your first diy, not too bad. The top circle looks like you left too much moisture behind. The bottom circle looks like a speck of debris.

To get a diy kit to look professional you'll usually do it twice or more and will cost as much as having it done retail.

The benefits of diy is the satisfaction of your own craft work and then knowing why a pro charges what they do.

I wanted to pay a pro to do it but I live in a small town so nobody does it here and the closest PPF guy is about 150 miles away from me so I've decided to try it myself.  I have enough film to cover every headlight 3 times, hopefully it will be enough. I guess I'll keep it on for another week to see if it will improve as the temperature is low and my car is parked outside. The very white bottom dot that looks like debris is actually a stone chip.😔

Rather than stripping it you might try using a diabetic needle to relieve it. Straight in at the edge of the bubble, thumb nail or squeegee to force pressure, then pull the needle straight out. I would save the extra materials to do another set unless it really bothers you.

Ok, I've installed PPF on my other headlight but a day after this appeared and it's been 5 days since the install and it's not going away. Could somebody tell what is this? It's not raised and nothing happens if I press on it, it looks like a  mist under the film.

20211031_161838.jpg

20211031_161825.jpg