Help on Tint Brands? Best shop in Slc Utah?

Can anybody help me out with some tints.  I’ve always just had the dealerships do it and have no clue outside of darkness what they use.  Well I have a new car on the way and want to get a better more professional job done.  

I’ve noticed all the highly rated shops by me all use Suntek.  Reading through reviews though it seems that’s tint is bottom barrel garbage and these are highly respected shops using it.  Is it still as bad as it used to be?  I can get Suntek CIR for $400 which is their top of the line I’m being told, but reading to stay far away.  

So what tint brands should I be looking for and can anybody recommend a shop in salt lake?

I stopped using their products a few years ago, glad I did. Global is the brand that I kept going back to in between using the different majors with bigger marketing budgets and brand recognition.

I don't have any shop recommendations in SLC, but I would personally look for a shop using Global or Xpell. Their films handle well on the installation and I haven't had any product failures with either of them.

No idea. Aside from specific brands I would at minimum find a shop with good reviews and ask to see some of their completed work. Regardless of what they use, standing behind the installation is what counts.

1 hour ago, Beaverking said:

using something called panaflex

Look for Flexfilm discussions on this site to get an idea about Panaflex.

These are the film brands you need be looking for:

LLumar (mfg by Eastman Chem)

FormulaOne (mfg by Eastman Chem)

The above two are mfer'd under the same roof and sold according to the Lexus/Toyota, Nissan/Infinity marketing concepts.

The below three have been around since the genesis of the window film industry. So has Eastman products (above) despite multiple owners since it was known as Martin Processing.

3M

Madico

Solargard

The above names are standard bearers of the industry; all others jumped in the tint rush and are mostly produced in Asia or by converters in the US.

Johnson is one of the oldest converters in the US market and have been known for long term quality. A converter buys all components from others major players and puts them together as their own brand; they don't have the best control over quality of the components they need. Examples = Xpel, Flexfilm, Express (another quality product), Scorpion, Geoshield, Avery, Rayno ... ad nausea.

Eastman is the top maker of film alongside Global. Both make film under multiple brand names and 'for' other industry brand names (yet the components use specifications furnished by the buyer).

I have 3M Crystalline on a 2015 Jeep that still looks like it was installed last week.

Edited by Tintguy1980
20 hours ago, Beaverking said:

Can anybody help me out with some tints.  I’ve always just had the dealerships do it and have no clue outside of darkness what they use.  Well I have a new car on the way and want to get a better more professional job done.  

I’ve noticed all the highly rated shops by me all use Suntek.  Reading through reviews though it seems that’s tint is bottom barrel garbage and these are highly respected shops using it.  Is it still as bad as it used to be?  I can get Suntek CIR for $400 which is their top of the line I’m being told, but reading to stay far away.  

So what tint brands should I be looking for and can anybody recommend a shop in salt lake?

Hello Beaverking

visit or call Jason at tint city and ask for Nano Ceramic Pro from premiumgard 

99% UV protection

80%+ infrared Rejection

lifetime warranty

you will be satisfied with the outcome!

Good Luck

The Tint city Factory
ask for Jason
Address: 2935 State St, South Salt Lake, UT 84115