Too picky?

Hello all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.  Unfortunate victim of lifelong OCD.

I had the windshield of my vehicle tinted this morning with 3M Crystalline.  The same, very reputable shop, did the rest of the car a few months ago.  At that time there were a few imperfection in 2 windows and they redid them without much fuss.

On the drive home it looks like a very good job, except of course, I notice a fiber / hair trapped in the tint close to my primary field of view.  If looking straight out, it is just above the hood so I would not say it is directly in my field, but close.  It is about 1/2 cm long, and right now surrounded by some fluid since the tint is fresh.  I assume that it will get a little less noticeable over the next few days.

Photo taken from the outside since I couldn't capture it from the inside (camera would constantly focus on the background).

So it begs the question, have them redo it for this small imperfection?  Wait it out and see if it gets better?  Live with it?

I appreciate everyone's time and especially that of experienced tinters like most of you.

Stewie

Tint 2.jpg

Edited by TintDude
edit title

since i don't use the metric system, i had to change the cm to inches and found out that this means 1/5 of an inch.  so in my opinion, you are being too picky.   i would let that go any day of the week and would never fix that.  got to remember it's aftermarket tint, not factory glass. 

5 hours ago, jconnors said:

since i don't use the metric system, i had to change the cm to inches and found out that this means 1/5 of an inch.  so in my opinion, you are being too picky.   i would let that go any day of the week and would never fix that.  got to remember it's aftermarket tint, not factory glass. 

No it probably wont dry out , as Tintdude has already said. However work with a chizler and some heat could well make it less noticeable.
If the rest of the screen is perfect and it is not in eyeline then maybe best to let it go. I'd work on it with heat but do a redo runs the risk of some other small piece of contamination getting in somewhere else. 

That's disappointing. If I sold that job and it came back I would satisfy the customer. If one came back, you know there's a few more that didn't and should have. For the one customer that is really bothered by something minor I correct it and charge him more next time to set the price with his expectations and retain him as a client. Those people want and will pay for consistency if you can deliver.

19 hours ago, Dano said:

That's disappointing. If I sold that job and it came back I would satisfy the customer. If one came back, you know there's a few more that didn't and should have. For the one customer that is really bothered by something minor I correct it and charge him more next time to set the price with his expectations and retain him as a client. Those people want and will pay for consistency if you can deliver.

👍

Thank you all for your replies.  As I said initially, they are a very reputable shop and had redone 2 windows for me in the past for similar imperfections.  The main difference here is that a windshield is huge and statistically more likely to have imperfections. 

In the end I couldn't live with it.  I had them redo it, which they did without much fuss, and it is now perfect.  They are a little more expensive than surrounding shops but clearly worth every penny.  The older I get, the more I am happy to pay for good work.