Too picky?

20 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Thank you all for your replies.  As I said initially, they are a very reputable shop and had redone 2 windows for me in the past for similar imperfections.  The main difference here is that a windshield is huge and statistically more likely to have imperfections. 

In the end I couldn't live with it.  I had them redo it, which they did without much fuss, and it is now perfect.  They are a little more expensive than surrounding shops but clearly worth every penny.  The older I get, the more I am happy to pay for good work. 

Putting aside satisfying the customer 100%, to be honest, this might be a little OCD, we all get picky sometimes but you mentioned you had two other doors redone for similar reasons. I'd think about not putting any aftermarket tint on your next vehicle. 

Also, I realize I'm not a great tinter, however I've seen quality work from reputable shops deliver work with small similar imperfections as you've shown w/o concern.

1 minute ago, Young Tinter said:

Putting aside satisfying the customer 100%, to be honest, this might be a little OCD, we all get picky sometimes but you mentioned you had two other doors redone for similar reasons. I'd think about not putting any aftermarket tint on your next vehicle. 

Also, I realize I'm not a great tinter, however I've seen quality work from reputable shops deliver work with small similar imperfections as you've shown w/o concern.

My bad, just realized you actually did mention you have OCD in your original post

I had a customer back in the mid-80's who objected to the work I did one visit, not twice, not three times, but even on the fourth redo. It was front door glass and the felt weatherstrip shedding was horrendous. My fourth attempt he accepted a couple tiny felt hairs ( specks in size) and went on. I learned to tape the felt off during that experience.

Moral of my story, patience and practice pays off as an installer and as for the customer in this case, well, he was a bit OCD, too. In fact, he was a quality control engineer at Kennedy Space Center and he became a long time return customer of mine after that.