Highest heat rejection residential film?

On 2/6/2022 at 7:58 PM, eclipsisNA said:

See title. Need highest heat rejection that can be used on dual pane windows.

Exterior mounted Silver 15/20 or interior dual reflective Silver 15/20 (with silver facing to the outside).

That is if the glazing system is Hi-performance lowE2, 3, 4, and dual pane with no lowE coating. Questionable on standard lowE glazing.

5 hours ago, Tintguy1980 said:

Exterior mounted Silver 15/20 or interior dual reflective Silver 15/20 (with silver facing to the outside).

That is if the glazing system is Hi-performance lowE2, 3, 4, and dual pane with no lowE coating. Questionable on standard lowE glazing.

Thank you for the response. Would something like this installed on the inside work? I’m not sure what type of double pane glass I have. How can I find out?

2 hours ago, eclipsisNA said:

How can I find out?

Simplest way to determine if glass has a lowE coating is to stand at the interior side of the glass and flick a Bic near the glass surface. You are going to look at all the flame reflections however dim they might be.

Legend:

Surface 1 is the outside surface of the outside pane (the weather exposed surface).

Surface 2 is the inside surface of the outer pane (inside the dead air space between each pane).

Surface 3 is the outside surface of the inner pane (inside the dead air space between each pane).

Surface 4 is the inside surface of the inner pane (the interior room surface).

The first flame reflection nearest you will be on surface 4, next flame reflection will be surface 2, next flame reflection surface 3 and so on to 4. A lowE coating is not found on surface 1 unless the window has been installed backwards and has lowE4 qualities or a single pane glazing that is installed backward.

Surface 4 flame reflection will mimic the real flame in appearance. If the flame on surface 3 or and or surface 2 have a different flame color; leaning toward pink/red or green/blue, you have discovered the lowE coating. The fourth flame reflection on surface one may show some color from the light of the flame traveling through the lowE coating on surface 2/3 and it will be the faintest of all reflections. 

I am unsure what surfaces are used in a hi-performance lowE glazing system; whether they use surface 2, 3 & 4, a single surface at 2 or surfaces 2 & 3. Having a combination of coating on surface 2 & 3 might be hi-performance lowE and its flame reflection should be in the blue/green (unless they also use pink/red on surface 3).

Somewhere in all this is lowE3 and lowE4, which I understand neither of them require window film at all because they are just that efficient at keeping solar energy out and man-made heat in.

Confused? Just look for the color in the flame on surface 2 and or surface 3 and you have Hi performance lowE. Pink/red is standard lowE coating and that one raises red flags when installing highly reflective or highly absorptive window film to the inside glass surface.

Time to bring your eyeballs back to center. 😊