Is anyone experiencing film supply issues yet?

1 hour ago, TNTLady said:

Just curious if anyone is experiencing film supply issues. Please let me know with a yes or no and share what brands you are or are not having issues getting in. Thanks! 

I use Global and get it from Dragon Distributing. There have been some times they have not had exactly what I needed in stock due to them getting shipments in.  Ceramic seems to be more of an issue than the regular QDP (at least on my end). So yes, I now call way ahead of time to make sure something is in stock and to find out THEIR delivery date(which is a questionable date in itself) if it's not in stock. 

3 hours ago, TNTLady said:

Got another email about a 5% increase in film and PPF Prices going up beginning April 1st. We just had an increase3-4 months ago. This is craziness!

That was a factor in me switching from 3M to Xpel, seems like 3M was hitting me with a price increase almost every quarter there towards the end. Made the switch almost 2.5years ago and have only seen one modest price increase from Xpel and their film is much better all around in my opinion/experience. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, highplains said:

That was a factor in me switching from 3M to Xpel, seems like 3M was hitting me with a price increase almost every quarter there towards the end. Made the switch almost 2.5years ago and have only seen one modest price increase from Xpel and their film is much better all around in my opinion/experience. 

Where is Xpel made? When you order how long does it take to get to you? Is it a black/charcoal film or is it brown toned film?

Their PPF is made in the USA, the tint doesn't specify so I can't say 100%. I remember reading in a thread a while back that it was being manufactured for them by Garware/Global but take that with a grain of salt because it's unverified hearsay. As far as the film itself it's all black toned with no real distinct undertone (blue/green/brown/etc.) in the lines/shades I carry. It's got a great scratch coat on it that you can get pretty aggressive with and the liner peels easy. I typically get it within 2-4 days depending on how early in the day I get my order in and which warehouse it ships from. The majority comes from San Antonio so it's quick to me and I'd imagine even quicker to you given your proximity. Every once in a while a roll will come from California and those ones usually take an extra day or two compared to Texas but it's never been an issue.