Comments on this one are .....well..... interesting !!

18 year old girl picked up her first car, a brand new car her parents bought her and called me to tint her car, wanted 20% on windshield and 5% on sides and back. I said i'll pass.

Do any of you have limits in your head that you just wont do? I know some will tint anything, but what limits do the rest of you set?

I usually try to talk people out of it unless they can make a good argument for it like an oil field truck that is used as someone's office all day or a show piece. I have done a few like that for da' fuzz when I was in Fla. 

I did another one similar for a lady on lupas meds and had a bad reaction to light.

1 hour ago, highplains said:

:yep I won't double layer film and I won't go darker than 50% on a windshield.

:yeah  :ditto  all of the above plus, I won't do limo on top of factory glass.  I'll go down to limo (20% on top of 20%) but I won't add 5% to 20% :nono   I also try my best to NOT do limo on the front two.  

17 hours ago, Dano said:

I did another one similar for a lady on lupas meds and had a bad reaction to light.

When presented with a medical exemption request I would always clarify the condition; are they sensitive to light, or are they sensitive to UV, or both. This determines the best approach while staying within the guardrails of state law.

If they are sensitive to UV light then a dark film isn't necessary and if they still ask that it be done, I'd refer them to another dealer. For instance, Lupus sufferers are sensitive to UV light from the sun and artificial (UV) light  such as that put out by florescent bulbs, not necessarily visible light, so a legal tint will protect them. I lived with a lupus sufferer in my mid-20's and can attest to the fact it is not a fun disease. I suspect she did not live to 45.

I always tinted to FL legal standards (1980-1996) and if anyone pushed me to do otherwise I'd hand them the phone book and say there's plenty of other listings that might do it for you. I'm not one of them. And, have only done windscreens for my cars or family members.

Edited by Tintguy1980