Tint Darkness- 2014 Ford Taurus

Hey everyone, 

I am not sure if this is the spot to post this, but I have a question to regards of how dark to tint my car. I have a 2014 Ford Taurus with tan interior. With this being said, I was going to go with 20%, but I am afraid that you’ll be able to see right through it with my bright colored interior. Would I be better off going with 15%? 5 is too dark, and I don’t want to get pulled over for it. Thanks in advance. 

On 2/27/2022 at 11:01 AM, TylerM27 said:

Hey everyone, 

I am not sure if this is the spot to post this, but I have a question to regards of how dark to tint my car. I have a 2014 Ford Taurus with tan interior. With this being said, I was going to go with 20%, but I am afraid that you’ll be able to see right through it with my bright colored interior. Would I be better off going with 15%? 5 is too dark, and I don’t want to get pulled over for it. Thanks in advance. 

Depends on your state. 20% is plenty dark, i have to roll down my 20% tinted window in my truck window to back down my long driveway. "Seeing right through it" is the idea with car windows, you need to see out clearly too and should be part of the consideration. The cops pull you over for dark tint not just because they can't look in and see a potential weapon, they also pull you over when it appears unsafe to drive with very dark tinted windows. Food for thought. I personally don't recommend below 20%.