G 35 Coupe

Heatgun

Guest Warning2012

man im 6 foot tall and ive had to tint two of em already (I own one). I was laying down in the trunk and had the pattern handed to me. I cant imagine having to do this car by myself. Doors are easy...slightly curvy...but the roll up and down thingy is just like a beamer coupe...no biggy.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is called Infiniti. Don't mean to jump in or anything but that is what it's called. Great car and was going to get one but tight back seat space had me go with an FX35 instead. Ahh, that is also an Infiniti with the same VQ 3.5 V6 engine. Okay, now I would like to tint the front windows since the rest are factory tinted but would like for it all to match closely. Does anybody know what film tint I should get installed for the FX35? I know Llumer film tint is recommended (Llumar, got ya there :-)) but not sure what shade and percentage. Would 35% gray/charcoal be very close (grey, I know).

Seriously and rephrasing my question, what quality film for the front side windows would be the closest match for the rest of the car?

Thanks for your help.

LAFX, don't start with the factory tint bit. It's not tint, it's darkened glass. ZERO UV protection, VERY LITTLE heat rejection, and NO shatter protection. Do yourself a favor and get the whole thing tinted. Put a light shade (50%) around the back, and stick with legal on the front doors. Go with a reputable shop. Usually what they recommend will look the best. Does it really matter to you what brand it is?

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

EASY CAR, BUT LIKE OTHER HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT REAR WINDOW IS A HARD TO GET TO SPOT.

I LAID IN THE TRUNK AND ROLLED THE FILM IN NO PROBLEM, BESIDES SOME SORE ABS LATER ON.I COULDN'T HELP BUT KEEP LAUGHING AT THE FACT THAT I HAD TO LAY ON MY BACK TO TINT A FRIGGIN WINDOW.

EASY CAR, BUT LIKE OTHER HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT REAR WINDOW IS A HARD TO GET TO SPOT.

I LAID IN THE TRUNK AND ROLLED THE FILM IN NO PROBLEM, BESIDES SOME SORE ABS LATER ON.I COULDN'T HELP BUT KEEP LAUGHING AT THE FACT THAT I HAD TO LAY ON MY BACK TO TINT A FRIGGIN WINDOW.

Hey I think your caps lock key is stuck on

(Please do not type in caps, that means your YELLING!!!)

Hey, new here................ Hi.

I've been tinting too long, I think. How (or with what tool) do y'all get past the speaker covers. We took the trunk cover back to see how they screw in (from the top) - but didn't want to leave a mark on the customer's New Baby as we couldn't figure out how to get the covers off.

Or if you don't take speaker covers off, what tool do you use to get past the covers to the bottom of the window?

I've run into this on a couple of cars now.

What obvious move am I missing?

Thanks for ANY suggestions (yep. yelled that one.)

tkm

Archived