To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

In talking with my husband today I am trying to decide wether I should buy up some film to have on hand for the year or not. Our local car dealers have no new cars/trucks and the used cars are sparse. I am experiencing fewer new cars and fewer appointments for tint work. What are you guys planning for and what is it like in your areas?

OR SHOULD I JUST PUT ALL MY MONEY IN SILVER AND SIT BACK??

Edited by TNTLady

I'm buying in pretty deep on the films I use the most in case of shtf. The lesser requested products I'm going to burn through and possibly phase out. I don't see oil getting any cheaper so I can't imagine film will either.

Silver is good (I keep a small bit myself) but I've also heard the argument that lead is more easily divisible if barter becomes more prevalent. After living through multiple hurricanes I've also learned to keep plenty of dry/canned goods around for when power stays down for more than a couple of days.

These times are definently different and unlike any other time I’ve known. If gas keeps going up folks will have less for the luxury of window film at least for a time. The length of that time is the big iffy part. I was hoping more tinters would chime in on this to get a feel of what’s going on and hear their strategies on surviving this cluster f….

On 3/6/2022 at 1:15 PM, TNTLady said:

OR SHOULD I JUST PUT ALL MY MONEY IN SILVER AND SIT BACK??

Silver's good but I certainly wouldn't park ALL your money in it. Silver, gold, copper jacketed lead, other durable goods, some crypto, spread it out so that you're not reliant on any one thing.

8 hours ago, TNTLady said:

These times are definently different and unlike any other time I’ve known. If gas keeps going up folks will have less for the luxury of window film at least for a time. The length of that time is the big iffy part. I was hoping more tinters would chime in on this to get a feel of what’s going on and hear their strategies on surviving this cluster f….

So far I'm staying the course largely as normal. The local dealers seem to have a little more inventory trickling in, most are still presold. While budgets are getting tighter for pretty much everybody I'm finding that people are more receptive to investing more into protecting their vehicles because they know they're going to be keeping them longer. 

Edited by highplains