xpel dealer requirements

On 3/23/2022 at 2:15 PM, japjoe7 said:

Without contact Xpel directly, anyone know the general requirement to become a dealer?

I was a dealer for about 12 years. They started their "Buy all all nothing from us" campaign and I definitely did NOT want to use their window film so I moved on. They didn't take my 100% loyalty into consideration, they wouldn't sell to me unless I cut my 25 year tie with my distributor.  95% of my sales are from window film, clearly they were going to be the winner if I had decided to stay.  They're nothing special, other XPEL dealers I know that went all in have regret it as well. Don't bother.

As a consumer, dare I ask. 

I'm well aware Xpel does a dealer region lock or only so many dealers per X miles....

This is what I found slight interesting and can anyone confirm.

Is there a MAP or more like a universal -set price- Xpel dealers can charge per coverage, whether it be full front/full wrap , etc ....

Pricing is regional. Aka, one pricing can be totally different than a different state

What I found slightly coincidental, is the less than handful of Xpel installers I would use, their pricing seemed -all the same.    Aka, some shops where I know could charge more was charging the same as a -average- ppf installer

Everybody will price according to what the market will support. I doubt that anyone is willingly leaving money on the table. However they do have to compete with the open market.

For some, price while shopping is everything. Real money is made by up selling at the counter once they are in for the appointment.

No disagreement on -what the market will support, hence I stated it may be regional. You make a good point - that they want to remain competitive.

Suppose I was looking at it wrong. All 4 of the top shops I would trust with a - knife to score- are inline with each other own terms of the output of their work. The issue with with the other installer who prices himself in the same league as them in which he's a a lower grade shop......don't get me started as the things *customers* don't see. This shop being discussed has a boatload of high end supercars with all sorts with wraps in his marketing pics. I literally watch a tech d doing a  cutoff (grinder cutting metal aka, hot metal sparks and all that comes with cutting off metal) in the same open workspace with cars parked no less than 3 feet apart in direct vicinity of the shop. I was blown away and unfortunately for every customer car that was in their that wasn't aware of the environment their car was in.

I guarantee that something stupid is going on at every shop depending on the day. Always someone getting in a hurry and cutting a corner. I've seen some of the biggest shops around here take in mediocre installers in hopes of retraining them and eating damage along the way.

There's and old saying...."never look inside the kitchen of your favorite restaurant, just wait for the plate".