STEK install inspection

So I just got my vehicle back from getting the front end wrapped in stek dynoshield. The vehicle is a 2022 tesla model s and I'm aware the part requires the film to be cut in 2 pieces, so when I received the car I noticed the installer left 4(2 on each side) gaps on the lower portion of the bumper. When I picked the vehicle the installer mentioned he was not able to wrap it with one complete piece and that the plotter cuts the film for the bumper in two pieces. The next day I contacted him and asked if there's anyway he can eliminate the gaps, not asking for it to be done in one piece and I'm fine being in multiple pieces just as long as the seams  meet up without any gaps. He goes on to say how stek film is not as flexible of a film as others might be when I referenced a YouTube video of a similar car getting wrapped with xpel and they were able to get the seams to meet up. 

I will say the gaps are uniform and not that big but still there, also I am pleased with the rest of the job. He is willing to attempt to fix it, what do you guys think.

20220403_075100.jpg

20220403_075120.jpg

If I had a customer ask to fill that space in I would gladly do it.

The machine cut kits can be a little unwieldy when going from 2d to 3d installation. How the software designer intended to streach in the pattern vs how the installer interprets the kit and curves.

Likely the guys in the vids have seen multiples of the same vehicle and have worked it out thru trial and error before posting. 

Having a relief cut or a separate piece takes the tension off of the film to prevent it from distorting and lifting later. One could sink the film all the way down with heat/steam but it would compromise the films integrity over the long run. Hope that helps.

Relief cuts are common and usually discussed with the client before work begins.

I always try to show a few examples around the shop and communicate the pros, cons and realities of the final product.

It's possible. Sometimes you need to see a certain model a few times to find the nuance of a particular install. New car season when models change is always fun in a retail setting when I have to pull new tricks out of my hat.

Your installer sounds reasonable. I would ask him to fill in the relief areas if you prefer. I myself would do it without hesitation, as he probably will too. Otherwise it looks good.