Can Llumar DR be applied on exterior? Also layer w/security film?

Can Llumar DR tint films be applied on exterior? Told rep I was concerned about dog scratching the film, and he said to apply it on the outside. Would it hold up to direct exposure to the elements, from sub-zero to 100 degrees and humidity? 

Another rep suggested adding a layer of the security film in addition to the DR tint to protect from scratches. 

It is not going to stand up as well as an external film.  There are external films too.

You do know the DR effect world be backwards also right? 

You could put an anti-graffiti film over an external application to protect it. 

No, I did not think about the mirroring effect being backwards? Which would not be desirable. You would think the representative that sells this stuff would know this, he's supposed to be the expert on this, not me. Thanks for the insight.

That's what I've done... apply the regular film - in this case the lulu on the inside, and then a layer of anti-graffiti film. That film is meant to be removable without damaging the film underneath it. That way if your dog scratches it... they should be able to remove that layer without having to remove the tint layer.