Opinions on tint job - too many dust "bubbles" or not?

Hey pros!

I got tint put on a new car a few weeks back, first time putting tint on a brand new vehicle so I went with LLumar's FormulaOne Stratos.. it was probably overkill.. but very pleased with the product itself so far. It was something like $500 for the side windows & rear window, Canadian.

I had 1cm bubbles stick around for a couple of weeks after install because the weather was moist but they all went away. I do however have dozens of little 1mm or so dust "bubbles" on each window. I know all my previous cars have had at least a few, but I didn't care enough to really pay attention and nitpick.. but now I do. I'm not overly bothered by it except for the rear driver's side window, it has 20 or so bubbles in a 6 inch area and it's visible from 6-10 feet away easily.

I took it into the shop and left feeling like I was a crazy customer. Without actually really looking (one of them started looking, then the other came out and it just went to a discussion about how dust is normal) they said if it's bothering me they can redo the one side window. I told them I'm inexperienced and asked if it were his car would he get it redone. No answer.. so I just didn't know what to do other than let them schedule me in to redo the one window.

Now I've went out again today, cleaned my windows, and I just don't know.. am I being nitpicky and crazy here for a $550 tint job? Is a batch like in this photo of 10-20 dust bubbles fine? The rear windshield, is 80-100+ dust spots fine, and the weird cuts or whatever at the bottom of the tint/windshield?

Attaching some photos below. They're all of the one "worst" side windshield, and the rear windshield.

Front driver's side - 10-20 1mm or smaller dust bubbles scattered around

Rear driver's side - 50 or so 1mm or smaller dust bubbles. 15-20 of them are in one concentrated area

Front passenger - 10 1mm dust bubbles scattered around

Rear passenger - 10-20 1mm dust bubbles scattered around

Rear windshield - 100+ dust bubbles, one is over 1mm but still small. A few weird cuts at the bottom of the windshield as well

driverside.jpg

driverside2.jpg

rearworst.jpg

rearmedium.jpg

rearbottom.jpg

Heading in in a minute to get them to redo that side window at least.. looking through the old posts here I'm feeling more confident in saying "This isn't gunna fly!".. still torn on the rear windshield. Wish I could get it down to 20-30 dust particles or something.. but they don't seem too concerned (well, they haven't really looked outside of demonstrating how easy it is to get bubbles on the defrost line.. despite none of my 100 dust specks being on the defrost line!)

Appreciate y'all letting me ramble.. if anyone has an opinion on that rear windshield let me know.. I'll just go pay a different shop to remove it & reapply if 100 dust specks ain't the norm!

If it was my vehicle I would ask them to redo it all (which any serious tinting business should do without hesitation) and if you get the runaround I would be telling them to remove it and refund my money.  If that's the quality of work they let out of their shop, I'd be going somewhere else.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:16 PM, Darkimag22 said:

If it was my vehicle I would ask them to redo it all (which any serious tinting business should do without hesitation) and if you get the runaround I would be telling them to remove it and refund my money.  If that's the quality of work they let out of their shop, I'd be going somewhere else.

i own a tint shop and i wouldve redone the entire thing as well.... thats dissapointing for sure.