2017 Ford F150 Windshield

asdaven

Tried a number of windshield visor strips on my truck and haven't liked them. Also have tinted the entire windshield 50% but I got pulled over. My issue is with the visor strips is at night I feel it gets in my line of sight. I've tried even doing a straight cut one high at the AS1 line. These have been all 5% strips. The contrast between the clear window and the dark strip bothers my eyes for some reason

So thinking two things or both. Either tint the whole windshield with a 70% Ceramic tint. How obvious is a 70% tinted windshield? Is it pretty much clear or is it obvious it is tinted? 50% I didint notice much from the inside but the outside on a overcast day or overcast light it was obvious and was a Grey. That was with a dyed tint. 50% is the lightest you can usually go in that.

Second, would a 15% visor strip be worth trying? Or would it not be worth it and worthless? 15% is the next lightest I could go and wondering if the contrast between the clear windshield and strip would not bother my eyes as much? 

I have 20% on my front two roll ups and 20% over the factory tinted rears so they end up around 5%. I do want to do something with the windshield to cut down a little bit of the light  coming in just a hair because it's the only untinted glass on the vehicle. 

Edited by asdaven

Is 70% noticeable on a overcast day like 50%? A local tinter has a 65% Ceramic which is his lightest film. I'm never heard of 65% but I guess that's basically a 70%. Don't know who makes it. 

It's less noticeable than the 50% but if you're looking for it you can generally tell it's there. I think @Dano's recommendation is spot on, go for a 70 or 80 ceramic and add the strip later if you feel you need it. I will say that if you didn't like the contrast on your visor strips previously you're not likely to like it going forward. The visual difference between a 15% and 5% strip isn't going to be that noticeable. If you wanted less contrast a 35% strip may be a better fit but the utility of one that light may be questionable, although it may be closer to the old blue shaded windshield strips so it may still be worthwhile. 

As far as full windshield tint, I'm debating 70% and 80%...somebody offers a 65%, don't know the brand. I don't want it to be too obvious that the windshield is tinted. I'm considering the Llumar AIR 80 but wondering how better the specs are on a 65-70% film?