Absentee Tint Shop Owners?

Thinking of opening a tint shop, but have a few things kind of working against me. 

1 - Never tinted anything in my life. But I have really strong marketing skills and I know I can bring in business. 

2 - Not sure how to hire someone who would tint and run the shop. Problem here is that the employee/manager could steal, not show up on time, quit etc... 

So are there any absentee tint shop owners in here? How did you go about setting all this up?

Thanks

46 minutes ago, dimcoorg said:

Problem here is that...

They could also carelessly waste materials, scratch paint, fry electronics and riun customer relations. I've never seen this work out well without someone there in person to babysit the installer. 

Most tinters will have zero respect for an owner who's not there and cant replace them on the spot.

The installers who have good discipline are usually self employed already or at high volume shops with a sales team and good management.

The leftovers are either inexperienced, unmotivated or have substance issues that prevent them from hitting the numbers needed to turn a profit. 

Think about the # of businesses that fail when the business owners are hands-on working for like 100 hrs a week and you don't want to be there at all? 

This business requires a high level of quality because each customer will tell 2 friends, and they'll tell 2 friends, etc. 

Here's the real thing!!  The thing that most people who think they can "sell" or think they have what it takes to run this type of business don't think about or consider.  

This is not a product that sells itself.  You can't take it home and do it yourself. That has been well proven, but.... 

Every tint shop out there is held up by the INSTALLER, not the front counter.  The front counter and salesmen have little to do with the success of a good tint shop.  Anybody can sell tint to someone, but if the installer can't get it on the vehicle properly, there will never be any sales.  Everything will be refunded or discounted to the point the shop will go under without someone installing proper work.  The person or people behind the wall doing the work are who will determine whether your shop is a success or not.  

Truth 100%  :yep