Does my tint need to be redone?

Hi all,

New here so please excuse me if this isn't the right forum topic. Had tint done about a week ago and am trying to figure out if I need one of my windows redone. There appears to be bubbling/streaking in one corner of a window. I know that bubbling is normal and usually goes away but this is pretty noticable and hasn't gotten better each day I've checked. See attached photo— the bubbling is on the top left side of the window you see.

Should I ask for a redo or wait longer? Thanks!

IMG_8886.jpeg

2 hours ago, civicrice said:

your car had previous tint on it. installer was probably unaware of the glue residue  and more than likely uses the "new age" cleaning style of using safe plastic scrapers/ scrubby pads instead of the old school masculine steel razor blades. they should have no  problem redoing it for you

I'm not sure if the car had any because I bought it new about 4 weeks ago and there's only privacy glass in the back. Will ask to redo it and see what they say

5 minutes ago, Ryker said:

That is not a new car.  Paint is not fresh and the rubber seal looks old as can be.... 

I think we're being punked.

The shop agreed to redo it— this car is new and there aren’t any painted parts in this photo so I’m not sure what you’re referring to. If you’re looking at the grey top portion, that’s also a rubber seal that just looks old with the way the Texas sunlight is hitting it.

9 minutes ago, Ryker said:

I think we're being punked.

You always think we are being punked. :lol Why would he lie about something like this? 

It definitely looks like adhesive of some kind, but It's hard to believe it would be like that after a removal. Who knows. If they let that out the door it could have been anything.

Definitely going to have to be redone. That isn't going away being its contamination behind the film. Surprises me that the installer didn't notice residue on the glass when cleaning prior to installing. Either wasn't paying enough attention or just slapped it on and sent it not really caring.