Fibers showing on back window..help!

15 minutes ago, Dano said:

I will tape em if they are fabric or pull them out altogether if they are in too tight or easy enough to pull and get back in. Sometimes I'll just loosen them up to make space and not go all the way out with em. Same for windshields.

As for the towels on the deck, having them slightly damp is the ticket. Some of those rear decks come out pretty easy. If they are wooly/ fiber and in the way I'll check out a video about removal and decide from there.

20220717_103033.jpg.6903f85d98da40699e1d7ba1980b56db.jpg

20220717_103009.jpg.dfed1a750147aa721885fc23247483de.jpg

20220717_103155.jpg.22ad255c9afb129a12dcda0dde0d11ec.jpg

This was a porche from recently. The tape on the doors is a minimum that one should do to protect the stitching from water stains. The pleather around the stitching will look like it has herpies once any water seeps into it. 

good workmanship , what tape is it you use mate ? also taping off all that is time consuming so im guessing the results are worth it for you regards clean install, do you charge above average accordingly? 

16 hours ago, jaycee said:

good workmanship , what tape is it you use mate ? also taping off all that is time consuming so im guessing the results are worth it for you regards clean install, do you charge above average accordingly? 

That is a medium/high tack tape made for heat cycles in a paint booth. You can find it at a bodyshop supply store. I'll use about any tape I have handy but that is my favorite.

Heck, all I could easily spot was some duct tape yesterday so thats what I used. I would not have used it on the porche tho. The stitching was a bright yellow and the duct tape might stain it or be to aggressive when lifting.

Taping off the areas only takes a few minutes at best. I allows me to fit the pattern in quicker because im not a worried about picking up contamination. 

Yes, I charge according to my customers expectations. I'll get top dollar because they expect top quality, and that comes at a premium.

I also do a mix of average commuter cars for average folks who just need some tint on there. I'll serve them with just an average invoice. Of course if someone is a jackwagon I'll price that accordingly as well.

Fun, Fair & Firm is how I operate.