Installation

Hello! 

New to tinting and first post on here. 
“This is only happening to me on rear glass.” Will attach photo of imperfections that are happening. 

I’ve been tinting my vehicles for practice. For 3 months now. I’ve been putting hours of practice in everyday in hopes of one day adding this service to my detailing business. 
I’d like to say I’m getting the concept down. One thing always seems to happen on rear glass and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’d really appreciate the feedback in hopes of bettering my technique! 

My cleaning process for windows: 

1. Clean window thoroughly. 
2. Clay bar inside of window. 
3. Spray/squeegee, 2x
4. Wash edges. 

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong on the rear glass but this seems to always happen. I have no problems on other windows. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hard to tell whats going on there. It looks like 2 different issues. 

First thing I'd recommend is not using clay block.

The first pic looks like it might be from clayblocking in circles where it picked something up and made fine scratches, or squeegeeing against them during installation (instead of side to side) maybe dragging air making those marks. I dunno.

The second pic looks like residue from an old bubbled tint job. :dunno 

1 hour ago, TintDude said:

Hard to tell whats going on there. It looks like 2 different issues. 

First thing I'd recommend is not using clay block.

The first pic looks like it might be from clayblocking in circles where it picked something up and made fine scratches, or squeegeeing against them during installation (instead of side to side) maybe dragging air making those marks. I dunno.

The second pic looks like residue from an old bubbled tint job. :dunno 

This car has never had tint. Only factory tint. 
To me it looks almost like waterspots on paint. 
I’ve tinted the window about 5 times today trying different things to get rid of those marks. Not sure what’s causing it. 

It's adhesive lines.  You need a bit more slip in your solution.  This happens when you squeegee over a area that is dry and stuck to the glass.  This can also happen if you squeegee after heating the glass (after install) to get rid of imperfections, etc.  I would make sure you get all the adhesive off the glass before your next attempt (Methyl Hydrate is what I use).   

Edited by Darkimag22