Just a quick clean idea

Guest shattered

Guest shattered

Hey all, newby to posting, but been reading for a while now, luv site great job guys! Any way I am a full time collision repair tech. But on the side I have started my own tinting business. Has been working out well for me. BUT I seem to get dirt like crazy. I do the regular cleaning and when I am done I can see the fuzz in the air just a fly'n Got an idea the other day just before install has anyone tried a tack cloth (the ones used for automotive paint prep) . Just wondering I will be grabbin one from work and giving it a try on my next job. I do know that the tack cloths are made with bananna oil and you have to wipe very lightly as if you do wipe hard it does leave a reside at least on paint.

Guest Sprinter

yes a few have tried and they put more contamo in your job than with out it, try putting a filter on your sprayer or if your useing a hand sprayer put a blue shop towel around the pick up tube and seal it with a rubber band and tear off the excess and that will be your filter!

Guest drscotty14

so does that mean dirt comes from the spray bottle? I use filtered water in my sprayer. would it help alot of have a filter also?

Guest autotintplus

Been tinting out of my friends garage for 1.5 years now. I do a pretty mean & clean tint job forjust having the right techniques and using my wife's pantyhose w/

a twist tie (plastic) on bottom sprayer. Whats in the water pipe can also contamo.

Next is what's in the air -- so I shoot dowm the garage w/ water most every time.

Lastly walk against the wind to your window if using a traverse board/ mirror.

Hope it helps!

Guest shattered

no I do it in a diffrent place and shower and change before is start I have a pressure sprayer are you guys putting the filter in the inside where the water is feed up?

Guest Sprinter

it could come from the spray bottle or the water,

dirt comes from the celing, hairs float in the air, the dirt comes from your clouths your feet scuffing the ground how you handle the film are you touching the glued area with your fingers?

the door of the car the top edge of the door panel the top of the door frame, how far do you walk once you peel the liner.dirty rubbers around the glass the felt the felt gasket on the inside bottom of the glass, all these add up to dirt or contamo iin yuur job. it is windy outside is the car itself dirty, just a few things here to think about!

Guest nautiboi73

contamination comes form eveywhere like Speinter said.

My question would be where are you seeing the most contam. is it at top, all around, the edge, the bottom? that would help to address the problem of contam.

if it is at top- better cleaning, cleaning immediatly b4 mounting, make sure hands are clean, don't touch the adhesive on film. ect.

if all around, think about changing install area, inside a enclousre is the best, replace filter feeding air into area, ect.

if the edge cleaning better and more detailed examination of glass b4 install

the bottom, install technique, may consider panel removal, supper soak b4 install bottom half, reclean bottom half.

Just a few thoughts about it.

Archived