In search of "the perfect" tinter around the tri state NY area

Well, in all the tinting I did over the course of 35 years, I could never achieve a spotless install. Even on a brand new car. Airborne dust can be a mofo to knock down.

During the 35 year time frame, I also spent endless hours traveling to tint shops around the Mid-Atlantic and, once in tech support as a trainer, the country, I only saw 1 perfect install. It was done in LLumar's Platinum Plus series (highly reflective compared to today's films and no longer available, to my understanding). Higher the reflectivity, the more noticeable the tiniest speck would be.

Steve spent time and film getting that perfect install and admitted he didn't know how it was accomplished. If you care to have him do your car, you'll have to make the trip to Kannapolis/Mooresville NC. Might have to let him babysit the car over the course of a couple days; if he's still in the tinting business.

9 hours ago, DropTopKingM3 said:

What’s the difference between you and Stevie Wonder?   He’d tint a window better than you could 😂

Did beemers for a very long time for the local dealer. Discounted, rushed, nit picked. Perfection is a myth, even with time. And if you do a good job on a beemer that’s all that comes to you….. and it gets very old. 

Ok guys. Even though I wasn’t happy with the original tint job, I figured I’d give them a chance at redoing the tint.  This time he hosed down the garage and kept the entrance door shut.  It’s a small garage so the second the door opens you have a chance of dust from the driveway blowing in. 

The second time around was a world of s difference compared to the first round.  This time he was able to make me very happy.  I know no tint job is 100% perfect but this one was damn near close.  

He actually commended me on pointing out things I noticed about his own car along with some other vehicles that were parked there with the bubbles.  Presentation is key.  He also said I wasn’t the first to point that out.  

I know I came off as a jerk off to some of you guys and I do apologize for my frustration. I gotta admit though, you guys aren’t such bad sports after all lol.  

Im super happy with the way the tint came out in my X5.  And yes I do agree, a lot of these newer BMWs are the equivalent to 90s Hondas. But I’m ol school and I don’t believe in burble tunes and pointless modifications.  I’m more of an OEM + guy so I understand why there is a stereotype against bmw guys.  This is part of the reason why I ditched my 2019 5 series bc of the bmw energy being similar to that of Honda or Nissan Altima energy lol.  

Happy tinting fellas. Have a great weekend. 

Heres some pics I took today at the dealership while picking up my logo-less plate frames at the dealer.  

F83CFEE3-1989-41AB-880E-C9FAEF262614.jpeg

73221D26-2B02-46CD-A860-C80DFD19676B.jpeg