7 hours ago, Bham said:

Either way you are unsure of the exact cause so you have to be prepared for whatever happens if you decide to remove the film to find the issue.  You will either be correct and it is a poor install or he will be correct and you are out removal fees and a re-install fee plus a new rear glass should you decide to replace it if he is correct.  

Yh i guess you are right, however I have noticed marks in the tint which resemble a hair, meaning not cleaning could be the answer. I'm going back to tint shop to discuss the options and take it from there. Thanks for the help

3 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

It could be weld marks, it could contamination, or a combination of both. If the tinter is willing to retint it, I would give them a shot since it won't cost you anything. If the glass does have weld marks or if the defrosters come off during removal, just get a brand new glass. I would call around to different glass installers, prices can vary greatly. I would try a different tint shop though. If the glass was that bad, the tinter should have noticed that and never tinted it. Not to mention you stated how dirty the place is which is the absolute opposite you want in a tint shop.

I think ultimately it will be both cases. My issue is can I trust the tinter to remove the tint without damaging the heat lines? He seems pretty confident that he can, but I've been burnt so many times now I don't really trust anyone 

19 hours ago, Gav777 said:

I think ultimately it will be both cases. My issue is can I trust the tinter to remove the tint without damaging the heat lines? He seems pretty confident that he can, but I've been burnt so many times now I don't really trust anyone 

It is impossible to know, defrost lines can come off with any removal. Some are poorly attached, so they may look good to go but come right off. Doing the black bag removal method will be your best chance. To this day, we have never lost defrosters on a removal but we explain to all customers that it is possible.