Hazy View - Polarized Sunglass Looking Out

I've had tint in the past but this was always OEM - aka, tint between the windshield laminate. I suspect it was metal since it had the -typical cutouts- on the top/bottom to allow for toll readers, radar, etc. Never have had a issue re: clarity wearing Polarized Sunglasses

Currently, Xpel 70%. 

It wasn't registering to me me that it could be sunglasses/polarized vs. just dirty sunglasses ....LOL, I cleaned my sunglasses and same problem.

When looking from inside looking out, polarized sunglasses + Ceramic 70%, things look a bit hazy.

When I lift my sunglasses, the haze disappears....

I don't have no polarized glasses but maybe I should pickup a pair to test if it's the polarization that is the issue

I did happen to post my observations when looking at the rearview mirror+polarized glasses here

Edited by mobiledynamics

Ah Ryker, I forgot about the LAH. I think the polarized glasses makes it more pronounced now that I'm putting 1+1 observations 

Similar to the other linked thread, I am also observing this (me thinking new car, maybe just something that got applied to the windshield that needs to wear off or the new wipers needed some manuf. newness to break in). Whenever the wiper makes a pass, again with *polarized glasses*, I see a haze for like 1 second after the wiper pass, before it clears up.

I'm going to now try the same test *no glasses* and see if I can duplicate haze. And then put glasses back on and see if the 1 second wiper haze comes back.

I'm was think it's just either something -fresh- on the blades from manufacturing and I'm pretty sure it's those -pesky polarized glasses- is the root cause.

I just need to do the baseline test in same conditions Wiper - no polarized glasses, and see if the 1 sec haze is there as it flashes. If it is not, and I can repeat the same with glasses and see the haze, before it flashes off - then I guess Polarized glass is the roots cause of these issues looking through the glass.

As to the other thread mentioned, the issue there is thin film interference causing the splotchy color pattern; not related to haze.

Throwing a bone into the thought process:

In your situation, as described; hazy, 'may' be a result of the polarized lens' screening a particular color wavelength of light that exacerbates haze. Think about those advertised 'tactical' glasses that screen out a particular color in the visible range (I'm wanting to believe they say, blue light); allowing to see more clearly in certain lighting conditions.

With polarized lens' it might have the reverse effect of tactical glasses. This, of course, runs counter-intuitive to what polarized is designed to do, so color wavelength sounds plausible. 

:dunno

Took a test drive today and of course could not duplicate the issue.

Going to just keep a mental note of LAH so I won't forget the next time I capture the haze.

Pros who tint windshields and are well aware of this issue.

Do you inform your customers of this potential issue or *green is green* at the end of the day....

For every 10 vehicles we tint, we do full windshields on 6 of them. Out of all the years of tinting them, only 1 customer came back to ask about it. He did wear polarized glasses, so we explained the whole filtering wavelengths and he was good. We do not explain anything to customers about it prior to the installation. Personally, I wear a few pairs of Maui Jim sunglasses with no issue with the windshield. Same with my Costa Del Mars and Ray-Bans sunglasses. Some people are just going to notice things more than others. I've a couple of people hate the LAH on 3M Crystalline which doesn't bother me. I also had a customer freak the fu*k out about 3M Color Stable having a blue hue...they acted like it is solid blue.