Hazy View - Polarized Sunglass Looking Out

Talk about timing Dynamic. I was going to mention Tintguy.

In my other thread I posted on my initial *heat* experience with tinted windshield or maybe it was a tinted sunroof thread, TintGuy mentioned that 3M Cry. does not heat soak - absorb but reflects . 

I was going to ask how does 3M Cry fall into this camp since it reflects and does it have same/similar LAH issues.

I don't like 3M in general more in regards to their overall colorways - blue, brown, green.

TintGuy did perk my interest in - whatever thread- he replied saying 3M reflects and does not heat soak the glass as much

Yes, Crystalline is designed to redirect most of the heat away from the glass. So it will stay cooler when the vehicle is not in motion when compared to a Ceramic film that absorbs all the heat. Especially these multiple layer Ceramics like F1 Stratos. 3M color is all over the place but their Ceramic IR is pretty neutral which people love. I would say Crystalline has more LAH especially during the drying period that takes longer than other films.

Thx. I'll just tried pulling the specs on Crystalline. 

Don't see a column for Solar Energy Absorbance.

In layman's way, is there a way to look at a column to get the Solar Energy Absorbance spec ?

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1919596O/3m-automotive-window-film-crystalline-series-tech-data-sheet.pdf

Just curios to see where those #'s stack. The moonroof on new car is like 75% of the dang car.....Ended up going with 55% Xpel. Did not want to go to dark as the absorbance #'s go up....and well, I know of horror stores of moonroof exploding. 

Just thinking outloud for the next time I observe the LAH - seems like polarized glasses is right now the main issue that makes it more pronounced.

For the next test, going to see if the LAH is different with a set of eyes behind 2 different materials -

Plastic Polarized Lenses

vs, 

Glass Polarized Lenses