5% Window Tint, Major reflections now.

Got my GMC Sierra tinted in 5% tint. But I have major reflections looking out driver window. Pretty much a mirror of my interior, especially a certain defrost vent. Which causes very poor vision looking out. Which isn't safe. Noticed that it's worst when sun shining directly through windshield. Pretty much have to have window rolled down full time now. Anybody else have this issue? Have pics but won't let me upload.

9 minutes ago, JBent said:

Got my GMC Sierra tinted in 5% tint. But I have major reflections looking out driver window. Pretty much a mirror of my interior, especially a certain defrost vent. Which causes very poor vision looking out. Which isn't safe. Noticed that it's worst when sun shining directly through windshield. Pretty much have to have window rolled down full time now. Anybody else have this issue? Have pics but won't let me upload.

It's 5% Llumar Ceramic tint for anybody wondering.

What you're seeing is plenty of glare bouncing back off of a darkened, smooth/glossy surface. Dimming your dash lights at night might help some. During the day not much you can do except remove it and replace with a lighter shade. 

I spend more time talking people out of dark installs for this and other reasons. It's generally not safe. Unless you're running surveillance, work in the oil fields all day with no shade or have some other legit need for it as a utility I really don't recommend it. 

I would get it stripped. :twocents

It is the reflection of your interior on the dark surface. Your stock glass also has this reflection, it is just not as noticeable since it is lighter/clearer. As you darken the window, this increases the amount you see. Your inability to see out is not just the reflection, it is the 5% darkness. I would suggest redoing it in 15% which still offers good privacy but will have much better clarity when compared to the 5%. Keep in mind, there will still be some reflection, just not as bad.

3 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

It is the reflection of your interior on the dark surface. Your stock glass also has this reflection, it is just not as noticeable since it is lighter/clearer. As you darken the window, this increases the amount you see. Your inability to see out is not just the reflection, it is the 5% darkness. I would suggest redoing it in 15% which still offers good privacy but will have much better clarity when compared to the 5%. Keep in mind, there will still be some reflection, just not as bad.

This is what I see right now.

20221009_155403.jpg

20221009_155413.jpg

6 hours ago, Dano said:

What you're seeing is plenty of glare bouncing back off of a darkened, smooth/glossy surface. Dimming your dash lights at night might help some. During the day not much you can do except remove it and replace with a lighter shade. 

I spend more time talking people out of dark installs for this and other reasons. It's generally not safe. Unless you're running surveillance, work in the oil fields all day with no shade or have some other legit need for it as a utility I really don't recommend it. 

I would get it stripped. :twocents

The darkness isn't the problem for me since I drive it only in daytime. But the reflections make visibility bad, not the darkness for me.

10 minutes ago, TintDude said:

Wow great idea!! If they actually work in reducing the reflection?

9 minutes ago, TintDude said:

Way better than the bare dash, plus they keep the dash nicer over time. 

If I can find one for my vehicle I'm buying it. Gonna make the 5% maybe do able. And make 15% percent tint perfect for looking out.