5% Window Tint, Major reflections now.

2 minutes ago, TintDude said:

Just to add my 2 cents, I agree with @DynamicATL and @Dano. 5% on your front windows is going to invite/leave you open to some problems. 

For example if you are ever in a bad accident, your insurance company can have a real problem with it.

Not to mention the danger you put others in.

Valid points. The real danger for me is the refecltions. I can see past the darkness in day time. I do not drive this truck at night. For these safety reasons.

1 hour ago, TintDude said:

Dang if I hadn't forgot all about those. Good call. Used to pay an extra $10 to get them monogrammed. Just up from my nap and feel old again...

5 hours ago, JBent said:

This is what I see right now.

20221009_155403.jpg

20221009_155413.jpg

Yes, reflection of your interior. Once again, your stock glass without window tint also has this reflection, just not as noticeable. It is completely normal and will be like that on all films. The darker you go, the more noticeable it becomes. You can go lighter to reduce it slightly or remove the tint all together.

Edited by DynamicATL

2 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Yes, reflection of your interior. Once again, your stock glass without window tint also has this reflection, just not as noticeable. You can go lighter to reduce it some or remove the tint all together.

What's your setup? Considering 15% to maintain privacy and get some vision back.

4 minutes ago, JBent said:

What's your setup? Considering 15% to maintain privacy and get some vision back.

Legal which is 35% in my state, I gave up going darker after about 12 tickets. I do tint the windshield to help give it an overall slightly darker look but not a huge difference. 15% will probably work for you, anything lighter than that won't offer much privacy.

14 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Legal which is 35% in my state, I gave up going darker after about 12 tickets. I do tint the windshield to help give it an overall slightly darker look but not a huge difference. 15% will probably work for you, anything lighter than that won't offer much privacy.

Nice, Legal tint is 70% in my state. Been pulled over few times. County and city officers always been cool. These guys just compliment my setup and send me on my way. Only been ticketed by state guys. Also considering doing 50% tint on my windshield. 

I was waiting in a parking lot watching Family Guy and happened to look over to the SUV next to me. It has no window tint on the front doors but you can see the reflection of her hand while she was using her phone. Zero tint but still interior reflection.

20221025_204153.jpg

Edited by DynamicATL

19 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

I was waiting in a parking lot watching Family Guy and happened to look over to the SUV next to me. It has no window tint on the front doors but you can see the reflection of her hand while she was using her phone. Zero tint but still interior reflection.

20221025_204153.jpg

Not exactly "zero" tint.  Maybe no film but the glass is not clear on any factory glass.... 

Clear glass will reflect too so you are very valid in this though...