Front windshield tint and eyesight

Irazabul

Are installers still avoiding windshield installation on Subarus due to the electronics (Eyesight?).  Everything I've read says that a 70 or 80% tint will not affect the system in any way.  Only warning is to not use ammonia based sprays as it messes up the electronics.  I am a consumer and not an installer, so was curious as I just purchased a 2023 Crosstrek that I would like tinted.

thanks

Subaru issued a warning not to tint the windshield on any models with Eyesight. There is a chance any shade can interfere with the camera which could result in a wreck. If you have any malfunctions with Eyesight in the future, good luck trying to use your factory warranty as it will be voided.

subaru_eyesight_image.jpg

Edited by DynamicATL

18 hours ago, alberts316 said:

I do them all the time with CIR 70 and CIR 50 with no issues.  Just letting you know it can be done.

When I was a kid I was at a friend's house.  Climbing around in a tree.  We had been climbing for hours. I had been stepping on this on cut off limb that was dead.  I stepped on it one time more than I should have.  I feel about 10 feet onto my back.  If I had been just a little over I would have been impaled by a fence post and might not be here. 

Moral of this is,  just because it works and has doesn't mean it is safe... that "limb" may break!

Tint Consumer Here.....re: black border that Dynamic ATL mentioned

So the border/dots/matrix around the mirror/cameras in cars...

Is that a auto universal standard to basically say (film stops a these borders)

And for cars with the quarter pane, rears with the same dot matrix. Mind I ask...what is the function of this.

4 hours ago, mobiledynamics said:

Tint Consumer Here.....re: black border that Dynamic ATL mentioned

So the border/dots/matrix around the mirror/cameras in cars...

Is that a auto universal standard to basically say (film stops a these borders)

And for cars with the quarter pane, rears with the same dot matrix. Mind I ask...what is the function of this.

The black frit on the front is to frame the cameras, wires,  and sensors.  Small dots are generally to make a eye pleasing transition. Large dot area are too shade the interior. 

Thx, Never did think much about the dots until 1st windshield tint myself.....

I was thinking like all tint, film goes from edge to edge. Where there are plastic *mirror.camera trim housings*, it stop to the edge of the plastic.

Tinter made a big -double U- as it he stopped around the matrix portion of the rearview mirror/front camera . Same goes with about 1/2" inch of dot matrix running along the entire top of the WS. I was just thinking he did not want to fuss with the dot matrix....not thinking it was SOP to just stop film on these areas in general