Who Owns who now

3 hours ago, Dano said:

Also plenty of bottom feeders that buy up production seconds and thirds to brand/box. The glue always smells awesome on those rolls but for some reason people buy em, dazzled by bs and jargon on a webpage with a made up spec sheet.

Yup exactly I mean look how many Gareware makes and how many reboxes

14 hours ago, ronp said:

Yea they do I know let's go down the line

I'm not about to start speculating.

If you have of find documented proof of any buisness agreements you're highly unlikely to have any knowledge of how it's specked or tested. You're on your own here.

55 minutes ago, Dano said:

I'm not about to start speculating.

If you have of find documented proof of any buisness agreements you're highly unlikely to have any knowledge of how it's specked or tested. You're on your own here.

I don't understand what are you afraid of

Most seasoned window tinters in the US know that the vast majority of film makers, converters and suppliers are in bed with each other. The big guys might buy a component or more from a smaller guy and vice versa.

Last I knew Garware was the only vertically integrated window film manny in the world (i.e., capable of manufacturing every component needed to construct any of their film offerings), with Eastman (formerly CPFilms) coming in second to Garware's capabilities.

That's about all you'll get out of this tintguy because all others should be considered converters (i.e., having to buy more than one component to construct a film product).

I might be way off one this because it's been too many years since being immersed the industry.

Nice of you to pass through. I believe any cold shoulder feel from visiting may be based in the fact that NDA's rule the industry at many levels and those slinging the film daily don't give two :poop how it's made or who makes it as long as it will last.

:feelingold

45 minutes ago, Tintguy1980 said:

Most seasoned window tinters in the US know that the vast majority of film makers, converters and suppliers are in bed with each other. The big guys might buy a component or more from a smaller guy and vice versa.

Last I knew Garware was the only vertically integrated window film manny in the world (i.e., capable of manufacturing every component needed to construct any of their film offerings), with Eastman (formerly CPFilms) coming in second to Garware's capabilities.

That's about all you'll get out of this tintguy because all others should be considered converters (i.e., having to buy more than one component to construct a film product).

I might be way off one this because it's been too many years since being immersed the industry.

Nice of you to pass through. I believe any cold shoulder feel from visiting may be based in the fact that NDA's rule the industry at many levels and those slinging the film daily don't give two :poop how it's made or who makes it as long as it will last.

:feelingold

Well I'm glad you don't but I've been in this business since 1985. Most people don't know where film comes from they think it's all made in America.  That's what I have come across like people think xpel is American made film while it's not. This is for fun no reason to get offended or write as if you are. You don't want to participate then move on. Thanks

@Tintguy1980 just offered a good perspective. I don't see how he's taken any offence in his comment or leveled any personal criticism.

Do you have something to prove or some bone to pick with some certain film co? Are you shocked that consumer items are not 100% made in the 🇺🇸? When in this century have you bought a Westinghouse tv built in Ohio or a car without foreign parts?

1 hour ago, Dano said:

@Tintguy1980 just offered a good perspective. I don't see how he's taken any offence in his comment or leveled any personal criticism.

Do you have something to prove or some bone to pick with some certain film co? Are you shocked that consumer items are not 100% made in the 🇺🇸? When in this century have you bought a Westinghouse tv built in Ohio or a car without foreign parts?

It came off that way. Also I'm not shocked because I know but for others they would probably like to know who makes what. Nothing more. If you do t want to participate then dont.