Best Residential Dual Reflective tint?

I'm looking to finish tinting my house, and since it's the left and right sides of my home, not street facing, i'm looking at dual reflective for privacy. That being said, I'm also looking for a higher VLT as i don't want to lose all the natural light that comes into my bedroom and kitchen, going with a 15% VLT. 

I ordered some Suntek SYDS 50 and SYDS 35 to try to tint myself, and mainly just because i didn't want to pay a professional and it be too dark or too light and be unhappy. I did find out that the SYDS 50 basically has 0 privacy. So, it was a good $25 experiment to find that out imo. I'll be ripping it off that window and having it redone with all the rest. 

The SYDS 35 that i put on the window in my wife's office, has decent privacy as you can't see inside the house during the day unless you're right up on the glass looking in. So, i think 35-40 VLT is where i'd like to stay when i do the rest of the windows.

This brings me to my question.

What is the best dual reflective film to go with? Privacy is a big concern as i have my neighbors houses facing these windows, but again i don't want to go with something like a 15-25 VLT that will really darken the room during the day.

I've heard claims that SunTek's numbers are over exaggerated? Is that true? Should i stay away from Suntek? I've also been looking at 3M Night Vision 35 as i know their crystalline is great for automotive. Also looked at Llumar DRN35. They all seem to be very close in terms of TSER for my dual pane windows, buy why i'm leaning towards SunTek is the SYDS 35, based on their numbers, has a higher VLT, which i like. So what are some pros or cons to them? Or, what do you all recommend as I'm also open to something I'm missing, and can try to find a dealer with another recommended brand.

Thanks!

For this application (in my humble opinion) just about any major manufacturers flat glass film is a fine choice. It sounds like VLT is the most important thing to you, many manufacturers have lots of options in the 30-40% range. To be honest, at that light of a VLT I don't know if dual reflective is gaining you that much in a real world setting. Often it just comes down to how they look in hand and on the glass, and what you're happy with at the end of the day. I've used lots of SYDS in the past, as well as DRDS from SunTek. Lately I like a plain old Xpel Daylight film, or an Avery NTPerlite. I actually really like the feel of the Avery in hand, for some reason it feels to me a very nice quality 😄 Your doing the right thing by verifying first, hats off to you there 👍

A local company sent me a sample of Avery NTPerlite Ceramic and the DR Optitune, but it by the numbers it looks like the SYDS has a higher TSER, which is why i kept running back to it. VLT is a high priority but heat rejection and privacy are tied for 2nd place. 

I know I’m asking for something that doesn’t exist, high VLT and high privacy lol, so I’m trying to find the best mix of both.

I have some Huper Optik C35 on the windows in my office, and that being about 31% VLT on dual pane, I’m trying to avoid something like the SYDS 25 or DROptitune 30. The C35 works great in my office, but definitely too dark for the sides of the house.

I’ll check out what XPEL has also.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:11 PM, MyFault said:

I'm looking to finish tinting my house, and since it's the left and right sides of my home, not street facing, i'm looking at dual reflective for privacy. That being said, I'm also looking for a higher VLT as i don't want to lose all the natural light that comes into my bedroom and kitchen, going with a 15% VLT. 

I ordered some Suntek SYDS 50 and SYDS 35 to try to tint myself, and mainly just because i didn't want to pay a professional and it be too dark or too light and be unhappy. I did find out that the SYDS 50 basically has 0 privacy. So, it was a good $25 experiment to find that out imo. I'll be ripping it off that window and having it redone with all the rest. 

The SYDS 35 that i put on the window in my wife's office, has decent privacy as you can't see inside the house during the day unless you're right up on the glass looking in. So, i think 35-40 VLT is where i'd like to stay when i do the rest of the windows.

This brings me to my question.

What is the best dual reflective film to go with? Privacy is a big concern as i have my neighbors houses facing these windows, but again i don't want to go with something like a 15-25 VLT that will really darken the room during the day.

I've heard claims that SunTek's numbers are over exaggerated? Is that true? Should i stay away from Suntek? I've also been looking at 3M Night Vision 35 as i know their crystalline is great for automotive. Also looked at Llumar DRN35. They all seem to be very close in terms of TSER for my dual pane windows, buy why i'm leaning towards SunTek is the SYDS 35, based on their numbers, has a higher VLT, which i like. So what are some pros or cons to them? Or, what do you all recommend as I'm also open to something I'm missing, and can try to find a dealer with another recommended brand.

Thanks!

One, two, or three point difference in TSER is not a deal breaker.

Your choice of 35% VLT dual reflective is spot on for what you are looking to achieve save the physics challenge of high VLT with high TSER.