New here! Windshield Tint decisions…

50% Windshield tint + 5% strip 🤔

currently 5% all the way around 

Hey there! I have been following this page for a while and just realized I could sign up so forgive me..

I have 5% all the way around and was looking to do 50% on the windshield - is there a need for a 5% strip? It would be smaller I don’t like the super thick ones..but that is that 

Mainly don’t want to go too dark but don’t want the sunlight shinning through..appreciate the feedback!

Edited by jnfs1121
Forgot to add

Thank you very much! I actually got it done this past weekend and it looks sharp. 

One question if you can maybe help - the quotes for the tint job was ceramic $250 for windshield and $90 for strip 

My total came to $300 plus tax … did they not make the strip ceramic ? I don’t understand - is next step calling the shop? 

I don’t think there’s a way to tell at least me as a customer ceramic vs not / any advice helps! 

It's hard to say, you'd need to check with the shop. They may have cut you a deal since you were doing both at the same time, or they may have made a mistake and undercharged you. Regardless I wouldn't lose sleep over it. As far as the strip being done out of ceramic or non-ceramic again I wouldn't worry too much about it as it won't make a noticeable difference with the full windshield having been done in ceramic.